OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable’s software seats more than 1 billion people per year and helps more than 50,000+ restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
OpenTable is looking for a process-oriented and diligent Senior Salesforce Developer for our Salesforce Engineering Team. This person will be a technical liaison on a highly cross-functional team who addresses strategic business issues involving CRM and internal engineering systems. This individual will design and build solutions using the Salesforce platform and other technologies to satisfy unique business requirements.
This role provides interesting, varied work that will deliver a significant impact on many internal teams throughout OpenTable such as Global Sales, Customer Support, Marketing, IT, and Operations. Successful execution will require effective communication and designing solutions in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
We adapt quickly, release frequently, and truly believe in automated testing to help maintain our quality and velocity. We break things sometimes - and that’s fine; we learn from it and become stronger as a result. If a challenging engineering environment excites you, we'd like to meet you! Bonus points if you love restaurants.
In this role, you will:
- Translate business requirements into detailed technical specifications that result in effective, scalable, and reliable code
- Use Salesforce, other technologies and programming languages to develop solutions and satisfy outstanding business requirements
- Manage multiple projects concurrently while maintaining the accuracy of technical specifications
- Lead projects through design, coding, and deployment, while partnering closely with business users, project managers, and other engineers
- Communicate how solutions optimally map to original business requirements and provide product demonstration of developed solutions
Please apply if you have:
- 5+ years overall experience developing custom solutions on the Salesforce platform using Apex Classes, Apex Triggers, Visualforce Pages, and Lightning Components
- 2+ years of experience developing APIs, Integrations, and microservices using a high-level language such as Java or C#
- 1+ years experience developing Lightning Components / Lightning Web Components
- Experience writing intermediate to advanced queries in relational databases (SOQL, SQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc)
- Experience working with Salesforce APIs and Web Services (REST, SOAP)
- Knowledge of the SDLC and all testing phases
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games
- Flexible hours
- Universal Paid Parental leave
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Remote work allowed”