At OpenTable, we take pleasure in Software Development. We believe that velocity comes from a dedication to clean code and proven engineering principles. We deliver innovative products through rapid, continuous development. Millions of diners and tens of thousands of restaurants around the globe use our products. If you embrace engineering best practices and can deliver exceptional quality in a dynamic, agile environment, we'd like to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants too.
The products we build help restaurants (from small mom & pop’s to large enterprise groups) run their businesses and be successful (real people, real businesses…you making a real difference). Our engineers partner with Product, Design and Marketing from inception to go-live to design, create, build and deliver new features. You will be technical lead for features, responsible for software design and build, delivering features as well as collaborating with delivery manager and partner teams.
In this role, you will:
- Work directly with product managers, designers and other developers to build and ship features
- Adapt and iterate quickly based on user feedback and product metrics
- Software architecture, code review, bug resolution, build and monitoring devops
- Help shape our technology stack which is always evolving and improving
- Build our in-house component library with your teammates
- Share our passion for quality in everything we do: products, visual designs and UX, software design, code, builds, shipping and satisfying customers
Please apply if:
- 5 or more years of experience in design and development of software
- Track record of building products with technologies we use including: React and hooks, state management (such as Redux, React Context), TypeScript, node
- Strong testing fu including react-testing-library, mocha, spies, nock, cypress.io
- Experience with webpack, linters, docker containers, continuous integration, web performance
- Ability to communicate, collaborate and plan with all members of the team
- Ability to plan and scope large features
- Excellent attention to detail
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games
- Flexible hours
- Universal Paid Parental leave
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Remote work allowed”
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable’s software seats more than 1 billion people per year and helps more than 50,000+ restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.