OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable’s software seats more than 1 billion people per year and helps more than 60,000 restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Reporting to the Revenue Operations Manager, this position is responsible for supporting a variety of sales and services related programs, initiatives, and analytics across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. You will work cross-functionally with multiple departments and team including Sales, Account Management, Onboarding, Enablement & Engagement, Marketing, Support, Finance, and Product to support the rollout and continued optimization of internal business needs. You will make recommendations for the Restaurant Sales and Service (RSS) internal systems and the related processes and training associated with them. The ideal candidate will quickly learn, or have an established knowledge of, the reality of how different roles within the RSS organization operate. You will use this insight to establish processes and tools to drive efficiency across the organization.
In this role, you will:
- Achieve and maintain subject matter expert status on RSS Salesforce processes and tools
- Drive adoption and optimization of internal processes and tools across roles
- Train and support the RSS team with a positive and growth-focused approach
- Represent the team in cross-functional projects and initiatives. Act as an RSS process subject matter expert and bring fresh ideas to drive efficiency in processes across the organization.
- Communicate upwards and to peers on project strategy, status, expectations, deadlines, and results
- Collect feedback and handle flow of inbound requests from the RSS) team for process and system enhancement requests; Act as a consultant on best practices for the most efficient use of our tools, Salesforce data, and business processes
- Be accountable for Salesforce data stewardship and improvement; dashboard and report creation and upkeep; end user support and documentation management
- Manage data capture & process creation related to new products, features, and acquisitions
- Act on feedback from the team for process and system enhancement requests
- Prepare & present data analysis, process enhancement, or new roll out for audiences ranging from field sales members to senior leadership
- Call out abnormalities and trends in data to identify business opportunities and establish processes
Please apply if:
- Ability to learn quickly and remember detailed technical and business processes
- Speak the Salesforce language in order to make recommendations for processes and communicate effectively with our Business Optimization and Product teams
- Salesforce Lightning experience and/or Classic to Lightning migration experience preferred
- Natural curiosity is required to ask why and what if in the spirit of ongoing enhancements
- Excellent communication and social skills; proven track record to successfully work and partner across multiple functions
- High energy and contagious enthusiasm. Willing to take on tough projects and be a peer leader in order to support growth
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; including detailing business processes, use cases, and business requirements
- Ability to build dashboard and reports that can be used as tools across roles
- Understanding of sales process within OpenTable, or equivalent sales process experience
- Self-motivated and able to perform well under pressure and against bold deadlines, with minimal oversight from management
- Excellent business liaison skills. Ability to digest system complexity and articulate to business users in concise and simple language
- Advanced Excel skills required, including proficiency with pivot tables and VLOOKUP. Equivalent Google Sheets experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a sales, sales support, or marketing role
- 2+ years using data to make recommendations
- College degree preferred
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games
- Flexible hours
- Universal Paid Parental leave
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Remote work allowed”