Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly and quarterly goals, as assigned.
- Run a portfolio of over 300 Accounts, with activity averaging over 60 outbound calls and 6 individual pitches per day.
- Cultivate and build upon existing high-level relationships to serve as a trusted advisor to your market’s client base.
- Strategically overcome objections and competition.
- Provide customized product and service presentations (both in person and on line) to prospects and existing customers to determine solution needs and drive revenue.
- Encourage customers to think differently about their business and in ways that will help both parties achieve success.
- Educate restaurant about trends in the industry and offer unique insight
- Develop and execute on a strategic plan for the territory and create reliable forecasts.
- Provide follow-up with customers to ensure satisfaction with solutions. Maintain communication records & prepare productivity reports as required.
- Provide accurate documentation and feedback through wins/losses, forecasts/pipeline, references & company’s account management systems (including Salesforce).
- Remain knowledgeable of, and adapt to, company's solutions to facilitate sales efforts.
- Listen to needs of the market and share this feedback with Product and Marketing teams.
- Assist National Account Managers and Field Sales Reps on the team as needed.
Core Value Competencies
Customer First – Fosters trust and confidence with customers; Understands and determines current and future needs; Exceeds expectations; Monitors satisfaction; Looks for opportunities to improve service; Follows through; Solicits and applies feedback; Promotes customer focus; Builds/maintains positive relations
Collaboration and Teamwork - Demonstrates a commitment to team goals thru attitude, contribution & cooperation; willingness to participate in a team; Shares info; Exhibits objectivity & openness to others' views; Takes accountability for own actions; Puts success of team above own interest
Creativity and Innovation - Develops innovative approaches & ideas to achieve goals, Solve problems, improve performance; Receptive to new ideas, methods, technologies; Takes calculated risks to hit goals; Meets challenges w/ resourcefulness; Questions conventional methods.
Continuous Improvement - Pursues training & development; Strives to continuously build knowledge, skills & abilities; Seeks & applies feedback to improve performance; Demonstrates urgency/persistence to accomplish goals; Continually seeks to improve processes/products/services.
Consultative Meeting Approach: Builds rapport and establishes trust, asks questions to discover client business needs, applies product and market knowledge effectively, presents solutions that meet customer objectives, manages and documents sales process.
Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, makes timely decision.
Negotiation skills: Clarifies interests and positions of all parties, adjusts tactics to achieve desired results, manages conflict, manipulation and strong emotions, develops alternative options for mutual gain, builds consensus through give and take.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should meet the minimum qualifications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- 2+ years inside or outside sales experience
- Consistent record of consultative selling and/or account management
- Knowledge of restaurant operations
- College degree preferred
- Experience using Salesforce of equivalent CRM solution preferred
- PC and various software applications (including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and online meeting solutions)
- OpenTable software experience a plus
Other Skills and Abilities
- Competitive, tenacious and results driven.
- Self-motivated with proven ability to perform well under pressure and against aggressive goals and deadlines.
- Skilled at presenting new perspectives to customers that reframe and challenge the way they view their business.
- Extraordinary ability to drive business value during client interactions.
- Keenly tracks economic and industry drivers and understands its implications on the restaurant business, including identifying business opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate industry knowledge to discuss restaurant issues with client from multiple dimensions.
- Excellent knowledge of company’s products, software pricing practices and negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication, listening, influencing and training skills.
- Shown ability to work across many departments to solve problems and achieve results.
- Shown success building and maintaining business/customer relationships.
- Aptitude for gathering and using data to inform and persuade others to make business decisions.
- Ability to develop compelling strategies that deliver results.
- Excellent organization, documentation and time management skills.
- Attention to detail in administrative responsibilities.
- Capacity to grasp and learn complex concepts quickly and independently.
- Proven success working in an unstructured and entrepreneurial environment.
- Professional appearance and presentation required.
OpenTable is excited to offer many benefits to its employees. Those listed below highlight what a high-performing Inside Sales Rep can expect!
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual bonus opportunities.
- Opportunity for career advancement.
- Business relationships with top chefs and restaurateurs across the country.
- Comprehensive training at an individual, regional, and corporate level.
- Insight into top practices throughout the restaurant industry.
- Exposure to talented, seasoned business leaders.
- Invitation to OpenTable’s annual sales conference.
- Participation in local restaurant events.
- Engage in a company culture that encourages work hard/play hard philosophy. Become part of an interesting and charismatic group of sales and account management professionals who love what they do.
- Full-time, comprehensive benefits along with an annual base salary commensurate with experience.
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable’s software seats more than 1 billion people per year and helps more than 60,000 restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 2 billion diners in over 80 countries. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the UK and many more locations.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders.
OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
The expected base salary range for this role is $48,000 to $51,000. This position is eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: commission-based compensation; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off (including PTO, paid sick leave, medical leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); and parental leave and benefits. Actual compensation will be determined by experience and other factors permitted by law.
#LI - SH1