Our diner engineering team is looking for a Full-stack Software Engineer, who’ll connect diners and restaurants by building amazing discovery experiences.
At OpenTable we help restaurants of all sizes thrive by enabling diners to find and book the perfect table for every occasion. Come and join our team and help drive experiences that are used by millions globally.
You'll help us
- Build new ways for users to discover restaurants on a modern platform using technologies such as React, Redux, and GraphQL.
- Craft elegant and practical user interfaces for discovering restaurants in our leading mobile-first website.
- Improve yourself and the team by learning new skills and sharing your knowledge with others.
- Create a better product by voicing your opinions on how and why we do what we do.
- Use data insights such as A/B Testing or User Research to improve the experience for diners.
You'll fit right in if
- You have an empathetic mindset and enjoy working with developers, designers and product owners of all career levels
- You are comfortable working with code both on the server-side and client-side
- You have experience with building and maintaining a full-stack Node application
- You value testing as a way to ensure a great user experience
- You possess an appetite for continually refining and improving the end-user experience as well as the developer experience
In our teams not everyone knows everything, and we don't expect you to either. You'll be encouraged to learn on the job, and we have dedicated time at the end of our sprints for people to explore, learn and be creative.
How you'll work
OpenTable teams are independent and come up with their own way of working. In our team, we use two-week sprints to prioritise and drive work. How do you prefer to work? You will have lots of opportunities to affect the way we work together.
Enjoying what you do and being able to progress in your career is important to us. Not everyone wants to be a manager, so OpenTable has parallel tracks for both technical and management roles, which you can switch between when it suits you.
We have a flexible approach to office and home work, trusting you to find the right balance of productivity and face-to-face collaboration. We are at the early stages of reopening our Finsbury Square office and are excited to establish our new working patterns.
What to expect
OpenTable engineers come from diverse backgrounds, and we believe that a team with a broad set of experiences produces amazing results. You do not have to have a computer science degree; in fact, several of us have social science degrees or no degree at all.
You'll regularly work with our development teams all over the world, from San Francisco and Los Angeles to Kaunas, Mumbai, and Melbourne.
Our benefits include 26 days holiday, health, dental and travel insurance, wellbeing support, generous parental leave as well as gym and other discounts.
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable’s software seats more than one billion people per year and helps more than 60,000 restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than two billion diners in over 80 countries. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the UK and many more locations.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.