Senior Product Designer - Takeaway (AU)
Join us and help shape the future of dining. At OpenTable, we love designing experiences that help restaurateurs run thriving businesses. We do this by creating industry-leading tools that help them launch, run and grow their restaurants, allowing them to spend less time worrying about their business and more focus on delivering incredible hospitality.
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll get to:
- Own takeaway and related ordering experiences from research and analysis, to prototyping, and testing to hi-fidelity designs and iteration
- Work closely with a smart, collaborative team of product designers, product managers, and engineers to deliver experiences that help restaurants thrive and continue to support the communities they exist within
- Simplify complex workflows into streamlined experiences
- Validate assumptions and test prototypes by speaking with restaurant owners and hospitality staff
Your skills and experience
You enjoy solving complex design challenges. You have experience designing mobile and web experiences and an exceptional portfolio that showcases a breadth of product design work. You also have:
- At least 5 years of product design experience
- Expertise in Figma and other prototyping tools
- Service design experience mapping and simplifying complex workflows
- Experience designing for enterprise, or have solved for very complex experiences
- Strong product and business thinking
- Experience contributing to and defining a product vision
- Excellent visual design skills
- Led user interviews and testing of designs
- The ability to negotiate, prioritize, and break down design work into measurable outcomes
- The ability to translates complex concepts to non-technical audiences
- Comfortable working with remote engineering teams
- Experience working closely with engineers in an agile environment
If you think you are qualified for this role but don’t tick every box, please apply for the role. The perfect candidate doesn’t exist.
When applying, please include a resume (including a password to your portfolio) and a PDF or link to an online portfolio.
The design team at OpenTable is made up of product designers, brand designers, and content strategists, who – with our peers in product management, engineering, and marketing – create OpenTable's market defining products for restaurants and diners.
We strongly believe that our design team should be as diverse as the restaurant industry and the diners we design for. We would therefore particularly welcome applications from people who are currently underrepresented in tech. OpenTable is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable’s software seats more than 1 billion people per year and helps more than 60,000 restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 2 billion diners in over 80 countries. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the UK and many more locations.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.