OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 25 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 45,000 restaurants.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 1.5 billion diners in over 20 countries. We are headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, and in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the UK and many more locations.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
About the Role
As an IT Operations Engineer you will report into our Principal Operations Engineer and will administer and automate our production systems and infrastructure. You have experience with large scripting/coding projects, involving infrastructure as code and infrastructure automation. Prior IT systems administration and virtualization/cloud experience is required. If you're solution oriented, comfortable learning new technology, and passionate about continuous improvement - we are looking for someone like you.
OpenTable IT manages critical systems and infrastructure that keeps our global business running. Our team engineers technical solutions to meet the global needs of our growing company. We work hard, but we also like to have fun and learn new cool things along the way. Sometimes, you'll see us at the ping-pong table or chatting about the latest gadgets that are coming out.
What You'll Do
- Be a technical expert on hybrid cloud design, implementation and ongoing operations.
- Devise a scalable storage solution for persistent storage supporting a kubernetes cluster running thousands of containers.
- Manage a blend of Windows and Linux-based corporate systems and applications and assist with system administration projects and tasks where required
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for deployment, management, tooling and visibility of both our customers
- Help implement and maintain IT technologies that improve the security, scalability and reliability of our compute infrastructure
- Develop single-sign-on strategies and solutions for corporate applications
- Perform on-site and cloud infrastructure service implementations, performance analysis, optimization, logging/monitoring, and problem resolution
- Contribute in multi-functional major projects and work with other teams in the business to manage shared systems, processes, and projects
- You'll be involved in a weekly on-call rotation
What You'll Need
- Minimum 5 years in a IT Systems Administrator or DevOps role
- 2+ years coding experience with scripting languages such as Powershell, Bash, Python
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies – VMware ESX, Hyper-V, AWS, storage devices
- Active Directory implementation and maintenance
- Windows Server experience. Linux administration is a great plus.
- Working knowledge of Puppet-based configuration management. Familiarity with Chef, Salt, or Ansible
- Previous network experience
- Knowledge of monitoring and logging systems such as Nagios, Sensu, Kibana, and Logstash
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events/excursions
- Universal Paid Parental leave
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable + Kayak
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.