We are seeking an experienced and strategic leader to join OpenTable’s marketing team to lead our international growth efforts. As the Director of International Marketing, you will direct a team of international marketing all-stars that span the globe - from Melbourne to Mexico City, and from Toronto to London.
The ideal candidate will bring experience in marketing tech products to both B2C and B2B audiences across multiple geographies, understanding that different markets are in varying stages of development and maturity. You are also a seasoned leader who can encourage and quickly build trust within your team. Above all else, you will enjoy being part of a fast-paced tech company that gets to serve the hospitality industry.
- Drive OpenTable’s international marketing strategy and vision as well as growth in our key international markets across EMEA and APAC
- Partner closely with the VP of Marketing and leads team, to set the strategy for B2C and B2B growth to execute offline and digital marketing and creative brand-building initiatives
- Closely collaborate with strategic partnerships and across marketing functions, to ensure the development and delivery of the most effective and efficient programs across our markets
- Develop and manage marketing program budgets; measure and optimise marketing programs to ensure activities are effective, efficient, and deliver high return on investment
- Think strategically, whilst also being able and willing to get hands-on with marketing campaign execution
- Use a data-driven approach to set goals based on past performance and future ambitions and trends
- Lead and inspire the international marketing team to execute high-impact B2C and B2B marketing campaigns. Track record of working across multiple international markets and time zones
- Work collaboratively with many functions across the OpenTable organisation including marketing, PR, sales, strategy, product and finance
- Work closely with internal and external brand and design teams to assemble high-performance marketing campaigns
- Build external partnerships to secure sponsorship deals to enable and amplify consumer marketing campaigns
- Stay on top of competitive developments to ensure that OpenTable is appropriately positioned
- Share best practices with other marketing partners
- BA/BS degree required, MBA or Master preferred
- 10+ years of work experience focused in digital marketing, preferably for a technology company
- In addition to native proficiency in English, Spanish or German language skills are a plus
- Efficient, highly productive multitasker; self-motivated and flexible; thrives in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised with the ability to identify and optimise processes
- A passion for the restaurant business and hospitality
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable’s software seats more than 1 billion people per year and helps more than 60,000 restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximise revenue.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 2 billion diners in over 80 countries. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the UK and many more locations.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our partners. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.