Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Los Angeles, California; Denver, Colorado; or Remote in the US.
You will be part of a hardworking Network Operations team that provides the backbone to ensure that diners and restaurants stay connected all over the world. In this role, you'll be ensuring that multiple data centers, cloud, and office networks are available and running 24x7. Responsibilities include crafting network architectures, developing automated configurations, fixing connectivity issues and implementing security across our current and next generation platforms. If you are excited by a culture of automation, monitoring, and improvement for all engineering systems and can deliver exceptional quality in a dynamic, agile environment, we'd like to meet you.
- Ability to solve complex problems with simple and elegant solutions
- Ability to handle several projects at a time
- Ability to learn and gain new technical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and experience working with other engineering teams
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP and network protocols such as Ether-Channel (LACP, MC-LAG), Virtual chassis, STP, and SNMP
- In depth knowledge of dynamic routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP
- In depth knowledge of VPN protocols such as SSL VPN and IPSec
- In depth knowledge of Layer 3, 4, and 7 load balancing methodologies and protocols as well as experience with highly available network and system architectures
- Familiarity with Multi-Datacenter HA methodologies such as eVPN and VXLan
- Familiarity with configuration automation such as Ansible or Puppet
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language such as Python
- Experience with JunOS, PanOS, ArubaOS, or IOS/NX-OS/ASA-OS
- Experience solving network issues in virtualized environments
- Expert in the use of various network monitoring and packet capture tools
- Able to participate in a 24/7 oncall rotation and be an escalation point for critical issues
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as a Network Engineer
- Experience supporting F5 LTM platforms. This includes designing, installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting
- Experience with containers such as Docker and container orchestration such as Kubernetes
- Experience with CI/CD applications such as Jenkins and CircleCI
- Linux administration and other SRE skills
- Experience with using bug tracking and version control tools such as Jira and Git
- Bachelor's degree in related field
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable’s software seats more than 1 billion people per year and helps more than 60,000 restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.