Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Department: Infrastructure Engineering
About The Role
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that OpenTable’s services—both our internally critical and our externally-visible systems—have reliability, uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement. Additionally SRE’s will keep an ever-watchful eye on our systems capacity and performance. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation.
About Our Team
On the Visibility team, you’ll be responsible for managing OpenTable’s core observability and telemetry systems which are used to provide real time insights into the health of our platform as well as key business processes. You will use your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis and large-scale system design to ensure our systems operate reliably and efficiently as the demands of our business continue to scale and evolve. Our team brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big and always challenge the status quo. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
- Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Visibility services
- Provide guidance to other team members on managing end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services, on building automation to prevent problem recurrence, and on building automated responses for non-exceptional service conditions
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards, and to cultivate innovation and collaboration across multiple teams
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a production environment
- Experience designing, building, and managing large scale distributed systems
- Experience with algorithms and data structures
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems internals (networking, file systems, virtualized environments, containers, etc.) and administration
- Well honed problem-solving skills in large scale distributed environments with excellent written and oral communication
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 24 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 40,000+ restaurants.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 1 Billion diners around the world. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Australia and the UK.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.