At OpenTable, we take pleasure in developing phenomenal software. We believe that quality comes from a commitment to clean code and solid engineering principles honed through rapid, continuous development and innovation. Our platform for restaurants is the heart of OpenTable and it connects restaurants to 26+ million diners around the globe. If you are excited by meaningful engineering processes and can deliver exceptional code in a fast-paced environment, we’d love to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants, too!
You’ll work on
A fast paced highly collaborative team to build out our OpenTable for Restaurants platform aimed at helping restaurants manage their daily operations from anywhere in the world on their Android, iOS and Web devices. As a part of the team, you’ll collaborate with a passionate and diverse group of full-stack engineers, designers, and product managers who are committed to building beautiful, scalable, and high-value features for restaurants. You will help us drive our architecture and technology future and across multiple platforms.
You love to code across the full-stack. You love technology, especially mobile, and enjoy finding better ways to do things. You’re curious, passionate and constantly thinking about making code clean and better. You want to share what you discover and feel energized when you can learn from the people around you. When you build software, you consider how people will use it from all angles. You take pride in carefully honing your work until it feels reliable and effortless to use.
Learn more about GuestCenter for Owners offering: https://restaurant.opentable.com/products/features/owner-app
You’ll help us:
- Analyze, plan, and design feature projects into small and value-based delivery iterations that you and the team can execute on.
- Work with designers to build a killer UI meant to deliver delight.
- Collaborate with multiple engineering teams to design solutions for our product and architecture
- Help foster a strong team culture and cultivate innovation.
- Innovate our domain model and systems to better fit our products and services
- Continuously provide mentorship and guidance to team members
- Provide support and analysis of production incidents
You’ll fit right in if you:
- Are experienced building fast and scalable Android applications with reactive methodologies
- Have a passion for android, mobile platforms, design principals and best practices
- You have a deep understanding of design patterns, data structures and OO design
- Have a test first mentality in building value based tests suites your unit, integration and acceptance tests
- Solid debugging and analytical skills in generating result oriented metrics and dashboards
- You enjoy working on multiple platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Optional, but a major plus:
- Proven experience with popular architectures like MVP and MVVM
- Familiarity with RxJava, Retrofit, OkHttp and dependency injection with Dagger
- Experience building instrumented tests with Espresso and automated tests in production environments
- You have experience build backend services with technology like the Java Spring Framework
- Understand the benefits and challenges of Web Sockets
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 25 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 45,000 restaurants.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 1.5 billion diners in over 20 countries. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the UK and many more locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.