OpenTable, part of Bookings Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 28 million diners per month via online reservations across more than 52,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. The OpenTable service enables diners to see which restaurants have available tables, select a restaurant based on verified diner reviews, menus, and other helpful information, and easily book a reservation. In addition to the company's website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands. For restaurants, the OpenTable hospitality solutions enable them to manage their reservation book, streamline their operations, and enhance their service levels. Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated over 1.9 billion diners via online reservations around the world. OpenTable is headquartered in San Francisco and has bookable restaurants in more than 20 countries, including Australia, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, United Kingdom and the United States.Restaurants are available for reservations in Dutch, English, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish languages.
Reporting to the Director of Restaurant Development, this position is responsible for bringing new restaurants onto our dining network through a consultative sales approach. As a Business Development Rep, you will be one of the first points of contact that a restaurant has with OpenTable. You will be responsible for making outbound calls/emails, tracking and reporting daily activity, following up on leads, maintaining a customer relations database, identifying additional opportunities and other duties as required. The position will be expected to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual sales objectives.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Identify potential restaurant customers in multiple markets.
- Sell OpenTable platform products to replace and enhance current reservation taking process.
- Drive revenue by connecting with restaurateurs and building opportunities that will make all parties more successful.
- Present customized on-line demos of OpenTable products.
- Educate operators about trends in the industry and offer unique insight.
- Encourage customers to think differently about their business.
- Develop and execute on a strategic plan for the territories and create reliable forecasts.
- Strategically overcome objections and competition.
- Generate business plans to define your selling strategies and tactics.
- Consistently over achieve monthly and quarterly acquisition and revenue targets.
- Use your skills and your customers’ experience to continually evolve the sales process and our product for enabling it.
- Utilize Salesforce.com to manage your territory, stay organized, forecast sales activity, and process contracts.
- Maintain an expert level of understanding of all products and services that OpenTable offers.
Core Value Competencies
Customer First – Fosters trust and confidence with customers; Understands and determines current and future needs; Exceeds expectations; Monitors satisfaction; Looks for opportunities to improve service; Follows through; Solicits and applies feedback; Promotes customer focus; Builds/maintains positive relations.
Collaboration and Teamwork - Demonstrates a commitment to team goals thru attitude, contribution & cooperation; willingness to participate in a team; Shares info; Exhibits objectivity & openness to others' views; Takes accountability for own actions; Puts success of team above own interest.
Creativity and Innovation - Develops innovative approaches & ideas to achieve goals, Solve problems, improve performance; Receptive to new ideas, methods, technologies; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals; Meets challenges w/ resourcefulness; Questions conventional methods.
Continuous Improvement - Pursues training & development; Strives to continuously build knowledge, skills & abilities; Seeks & applies feedback to improve performance; Demonstrates urgency/persistence to accomplish goals; Continually seeks to improve processes/products/services.
Consultative Meeting Approach: Builds rapport and establishes trust, asks questions to discover client business needs, applies product and market knowledge effectively, presents solutions that meet customer objectives, manages and documents sales process.
Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, makes timely decision.
Negotiation skills: Clarifies interests and positions of all parties, adjusts tactics to achieve desired results, manages conflict, manipulation and strong emotions, develops alternative options for mutual gain, builds consensus through give and take.
Education and/or Experience
- 3+ years inside or outside sales experience or equivalent experience in a restaurant environment (Management Level)
- Consistent record of consultative selling and/or account management
- Knowledge of restaurant operations
- College degree preferred
- Experience using Salesforce of equivalent CRM solution preferred
- PC and various software applications (including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and online meeting solutions)
Other Skills and Abilities
- High-reaching, tenacious and results driven.
- Self-motivated with shown ability to perform well under pressure and against ambitious goals and deadlines.
- Skilled at presenting new points of view to customers that reframe and challenge the way they view their business.
- Extraordinary ability to drive business value during client interactions.
- Keenly tracks economic and industry drivers and understands its implications on the restaurant business, including identifying business opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate industry knowledge to discuss restaurant issues with client from multiple dimensions.
- Excellent knowledge of company’s products, software pricing practices and negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication, listening, influencing and training skills.
- Ability to work across many departments to solve problems and achieve results.
- Proven success building and maintaining business/customer relationships.
- Aptitude for gathering and using data to inform and persuade others to make business decisions.
- Excellent organization, documentation and time management skills.
- Attention to detail in administrative responsibilities.
- Ability to successfully work in an unstructured and entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrate leadership by example and assist with development of others on the team through support with training/onboarding.
OpenTable is excited to offer many benefits to its employees. Those listed below highlight what a high-performing New Business Development Rep can expect!
- Opportunity for career advancement.
- Business relationships with chefs and restaurateurs across the country.
- Comprehensive training at an individual, regional, and corporate level.
- Insight into standard methodologies throughout the restaurant industry.
- Exposure to talented, seasoned business leaders.
- Engage in a company culture that encourages work hard/play hard philosophy. Become part of an interesting and charismatic group of sales and account management professionals who love what they do.
- Full-time, comprehensive benefits along with an annual base salary commensurate with experience.
This is a full time, non-exempt position. It is based in Denver.
If you're passionate about joining the OpenTable team and believe this is the role for you, please apply!
OpenTable is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.