Job Type: Full-time
Location: San Francisco/Los Angeles, CA
At OpenTable, we take pleasure in developing phenomenal software. We believe that quality comes from a commitment to clean code and solid engineering principles honed through rapid, continuous development and innovation. Millions of diners and thousands of restaurants around the globe use our products. If you are excited by meaningful engineering processes and can deliver exceptional code in a fast-paced environment, we’d love to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants, too!
As a senior engineer on the Android team at OpenTable, you will be responsible for actively building, testing and evolving our Android app. Our engineering team is multi-functional, co-located with product and design. We keep a cadence of releasing twice a month and use the latest development and platform tools. We also believe that native apps should make the most out of their platform, and embrace Android at its core, from Material Design to other Android-specific APIs. Due to the nature of our product and customer base, we are able to target the latest Android versions without significant impacts.
- Implement exciting new features for the Android app using modern tools and APIs
- Work with designers to build a killer UI meant to deliver delight
- Write tests and participate in code reviews
- Share thoughts and ideas on how to improve our app or workflow
- Keep up-to-date with the latest and greatest from the world of Android
- Attend conferences relevant to Android and the mobile development community
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of Android development experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for the Android platform!
- Experience with popular architectures like MVP and MVVM
- Experience with popular libraries like RxJava, Retrofit, OkHttp and Dagger
- Experience building with Kotlin
- Experience building with Android Jetpack
- Experience writing tests for Android with JUnit and Espresso
- Experience working with web backends and databases
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
OpenTable is the world’s leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 26 million diners per month across approximately 47,000+ restaurants. Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated close to 2 billion diners around the world, representing approximately $63 billion spent at partner restaurants. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with service available throughout the globe.
OpenTable is currently expanding its offerings to include more cities, countries and sectors of the industry, such as casual dining.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.