OpenStore is Keith Rabois’ Miami-based Series B startup, founded in March 2021, valued at more than $970M. OpenStore is reimagining the future of e-commerce. Today, we're building the technology and team to identify, value, acquire and scale long-tail e-commerce brands. We envision a future where emerging e-commerce brands have access to instant liquidity for their businesses and where consumers have ready access to the best small-brand products.
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of experienced founders, operators, and software engineers who saw a chance to change the e-commerce landscape. We have grown our team 5x in size within the first year and are eager to continue expanding our team with humble achievers committed to excellence.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
At OpenStore, we create effortless and joyful experiences for merchants and consumers. We are constantly crafting our brand story and evolving our visual tools to reach and build trust with our audience. As a brand designer at OpenStore, you will have the opportunity to be involved in every stage of the brand building process. You will work closely with engineers, marketers, and other stakeholders to define our brand system, create a seamless brand experience, and amplify our brand through multiple platforms. This is a highly creative and collaborative role that will allow you to test, iterate, and validate fresh ideas to create our brand's fullest potential.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop and evolve the OpenStore brand by defining visual tools such as photography, illustration, graphic design, motion, and animation
- Work closely with marketing stakeholders to amplify the OpenStore brand across various touchpoints, such as the website, social media, print, and events
- Partner with the product designers to ensure that the brand vision and product vision are aligned, creating a seamless experience across marketing and product
- Partner with marketers to develop creative concepts for campaigns and initiatives
- Partner closely with engineers to ensure that your designs are implemented precisely
WHO YOU ARE:
- You thrive in fast-paced environments. At this stage we’re still learning. You will iterate with engineers, analysts and product managers to focus on high impact work
- You can work through ambiguity. Your experience will enable you to focus on the elements that matter most and drive clear insights that inform the team’s priorities
- You take ownership. You are comfortable driving projects end-to-end that execute and eliminate blockers, helping you and the company move fast with confidence. You know when to raise your hand and ask for help
- You communicate and collaborate effectively. You know how to deliver the right message to the relevant audience at the appropriate level of detail. You co-create solutions that are better than the sum of individuals’ ideas. You embrace intellectual friction as a feature of improvement, not a relationship bug
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 4+ years of experience in branding and communication design
- A portfolio that demonstrates product, branding, communication, web design experience
- Demonstrated experience with developing and implementing visual systems in marketing and product
- Demonstrated experience with creating brand marketing and product marketing campaigns
- Experience in Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Nice to have: experience with rolling out rebranding, experience with motion and animation
OpenStore is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer where we welcome and celebrate differences. We are committed to providing a workspace that is safe and inclusive, where everyone feels supported, connected, and inspired to do their best work. If you require any accommodations to participate in our recruitment process, please inform us of your needs when we contact you to schedule an interview.