OpenStore is Keith Rabois’ Miami-based Series B startup, founded in March 2021, valued at more than $970M. OpenStore is reimagining the future of e-commerce. Today, we're building the technology and team to identify, value, acquire and scale long-tail e-commerce brands. We envision a future where emerging e-commerce brands have access to instant liquidity for their businesses and where consumers have ready access to the best small-brand products.
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of experienced founders, operators, and software engineers who saw a chance to change the e-commerce landscape. We have grown our team 5x in size within the first year and are eager to continue expanding our team with humble achievers committed to excellence.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
As a part of the Diligence team you will play a critical part in shaping the future of the OpenStore. You will support the team in vetting companies to add on to the OpenStore platform, evaluate and quantify business risks and opportunities, working cross functionally with the other functional OpenStore teams to ensure that the target is a good fit for the platform. This team is led by seasoned professionals in the start-up and M&A space. We will invest in your development and do everything we can to make sure this is one of your best professional experiences.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Analyze and complete due diligence on companies by assessing the quality of the business and how it fits within the OpenStore platform. Identify key risks and actionable opportunities post-close. Support your findings with data and complete financial and legal diligence to evaluate potential adjustments to purchase price prior to and post-close. Summarize findings in memos to key leaders at Openstore
- Lead and run your own diligence processes and be given the freedom to make meaningful decisions and execute
- Collaborate across our teams including Pricing, Operations, Finance, Product and Engineering and work closely with founders of target companies to ensure a smooth deal process and integration post-close
- Shape our diligence strategy by building dashboards, tools and playbooks to refine and streamline the process and improve the seller experience
- You will work with top-notch people who love to teach and learn. While we have over 100 employees, we are still a start-up and have a flat organization. Everyone is accessible to help you learn and we value every voice and opinion. Challenge your team as they will you
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are diligent and meticulous. You have strong attention to detail, no risks or fraud can survive your scrutiny
- You’ve done it before. Your experience in Due Diligence will enable you to focus on the risks that matter most and help OpenStore avoid pitfalls
- You thrive in fast-paced environments. At this stage we’re still learning. You will iterate with the rest of the Pricing team on the diligence playbook to build an increasingly automated process
- You take pride in your strong sense of ownership. Your ability to execute, own end to end and eliminate blockers helps you and the entire company move fast with confidence
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 2+ years of related diligence experience in Finance, Business Analytics, Consulting or Legal Services
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to own projects end to end while leading cross-functional teams and resources
- Prior transaction or M&A due diligence experience preferred
- Technical skills are a plus (Excel, Google Sheets, SQL, coding)
OpenStore is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer where we welcome and celebrate differences. We are committed to providing a workspace that is safe and inclusive, where everyone feels supported, connected, and inspired to do their best work. If you require any accommodations to participate in our recruitment process, please inform us of your needs when we contact you to schedule an interview.