OpenStore is Keith Rabois’ Miami-based Series B startup, founded in March 2021, valued at more than $970M. OpenStore is reimagining the future of e-commerce. Today, we're building the technology and team to identify, value, acquire and scale long-tail e-commerce brands. We envision a future where emerging e-commerce brands have access to instant liquidity for their businesses and where consumers have ready access to the best small-brand products.
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of experienced founders, operators, and software engineers who saw a chance to change the e-commerce landscape. We have grown our team 5x in size within the first year and are eager to continue expanding our team with humble achievers committed to excellence.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Today, e-commerce only partially replaces the in-person shopping experience. It’s still missing the joy of serendipitous discovery; the relief of fulfilling an urgent, last minute need; the immediate gratification of finding something just right. At OpenStore, we’ll fix that by building a vertically-integrated shopping destination, as broadly and horizontally as possible. What does that mean?
- Vertically integrated: We own every brand
- Horizontally: Across every category and price point
It’s an incredibly ambitious goal, and in order to achieve it we need to deliver a delightful online shopping experience to consumers. We are building entirely new consumer apps that will showcase our growing portfolio of over 40 brands, and bring back joy to shopping through novel ways to discover, purchase, and share unique products.
You will own the design of a brand new, innovative mobile-focused e-commerce app for iOS or the web. Incorporating a new visual identity and ultimately becoming a distinct consumer brand that’s loved by shoppers for finding the perfect product, right when they need it. You will develop high-fidelity prototypes to validate your ideas, collaborate with company leadership on strategy, and form close working relationships with your engineering colleagues to deliver a product that’s unlike anything else available to consumers today. This is a journey of discover where excellence in craft is a requirement and innovative ideas can be explored to their fullest potential.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Explore a wide array of distinct and inventive visual designs in high-fidelity.
- Develop rich prototypes with motion and interactivity to test innovative new ways to discover new products and brands.
- Work in close partnership with excellent engineers ship delightful and compelling user experiences that exceed the expectations of today’s consumers.
- Work with internal and external creative partners to create content and marketing to give your product life and introduce it to the world.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You thrive in fast-paced environments. At this stage we’re still learning. You will iterate with engineers, analysts and product managers to focus on high impact work.
- You can work through ambiguity. Your experience will enable you to focus on the elements that matter most and drive clear insights that inform the team’s priorities.
- You like to build and ship. You have opinions and can drive forward to delivery. You think strategically about prioritization.
- You communicate and collaborate effectively. You know how to deliver the right message to the relevant audience at the appropriate level of detail. You co-create solutions that are better than the sum of individuals’ ideas. You embrace intellectual friction as a feature of improvement, not a relationship bug.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 4+ years of experience in consumer-focused mobile product design.
- A dedication to your craft, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to explore a wide range of visual design treatments.
- Strong knowledge of Figma and ability to consistently deliver high-fidelity designs.
- Ability to use the right tools of your choosing to prototype rich interactions, gestures, and motion solutions.
- Good taste and a passion for delighting customers.
OpenStore is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer where we welcome and celebrate differences. We are committed to providing a workspace that is safe and inclusive, where everyone feels supported, connected, and inspired to do their best work. If you require any accommodations to participate in our recruitment process, please inform us of your needs when we contact you to schedule an interview.