OpenStore is Keith Rabois’ Miami-based Series B startup, founded in March 2021, valued at more than $970M. OpenStore is reimagining the future of e-commerce. Today, we're building the technology and team to identify, value, acquire and scale long-tail e-commerce brands. We envision a future where emerging e-commerce brands have access to instant liquidity for their businesses and where consumers have ready access to the best small-brand products.
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of experienced founders, operators, and software engineers who saw a chance to change the e-commerce landscape. We have grown our team 5x in size within the first year and are eager to continue expanding our team with humble achievers committed to excellence.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
As the Head of Growth, you will be responsible for leading and executing the company's merchant-facing marketing strategy. You will work closely with the senior leadership team to develop and implement the company's brand strategy, develop a pipeline, and drive growth. We are looking for someone that is able to build trust in the e-commerce community and is comfortable working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment. Intellectual curiosity and comfort with experimentation is necessary to be successful in this role.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You’ve done it before. You’ve built full funnel marketing plans to achieve performance targets. You’re able to diagnose growth opportunities, prioritize the biggest impact, and execute. You break goals into solvable component parts and effectively execute. You like to test and are right more often than not.
- You are strategic. You’re focused on where you’re going and build the strategies and plans to achieve the goal. You’re not afraid to admit something didn’t work and have backup plans brewing for your next test.
- You are analytically rigorous. You have a deep bias towards using data to drive decisions. You love seeing the power of great analyses and collaborating with peers to exceed growth targets. Your second language is performance KPIs. You know your numbers and the inputs needed to continue improving metrics.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments. At this stage we’re constantly learning. You will iterate with the rest of the team to continuously evolve and improve the marketing playbook.
- You communicate and collaborate effectively. You know how to deliver the right message to the relevant audience at the appropriate level of detail. You co-create solutions that are better than the sum of individuals’ ideas. You embrace intellectual friction as a feature of improvement, not a relationship bug.
- You take ownership. You are comfortable driving projects end to end that execute and eliminate blockers, helping you and the company move with confidence.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create and execute the company's brand strategy, including messaging, positioning, and visual identity, to establish awareness and a strong market presence.
- Build scalable marketing plans across paid channels to drive quality lead volume that result in reaching acquisition targets and marketing efficiency. Measure and analyze the effectiveness of marketing initiatives and optimize campaigns.
- Build growth models and own performance outcomes. You will develop and own the marketing spend allocations, budgeting, forecasting, and goal setting for the merchant-facing OpenStore brand and stay accountable to the results.
- Build a world leading brand that merchants trust and want to be a part of through executing branding, positioning, messaging etc.
- Develop and execute strategic partnership initiatives to drive growth and increase brand awareness.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively. You’ll become an integral part of OpenStore’s leadership team and cross functional thought leader across Design, Operations, Engineering, Analytics etc.
- Build and lead a marketing team. You will hire talented individuals who are results-driven, data-obsessed, brand enthusiasts.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 10+ years of experience in marketing, with a focus on brand and partnerships, preferably in the tech industry
- Experience in an innovative environment in a hyper growth phase
- Proven ability to operate effectively through constraints and drive growth in a dynamic environment
- Experience in content curation and developing a content strategy
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent communication, presentation, and collaboration skills
OpenStore is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer where we welcome and celebrate differences. We are committed to providing a workspace that is safe and inclusive, where everyone feels supported, connected, and inspired to do their best work. If you require any accommodations to participate in our recruitment process, please inform us of your needs when we contact you to schedule an interview.