OpenStore is Keith Rabois’ Miami-based Series B startup, founded in March 2021, valued at more than $970M. OpenStore is reimagining the future of e-commerce. Today, we're building the technology and team to identify, value, acquire and scale long-tail e-commerce brands. We envision a future where emerging e-commerce brands have access to instant liquidity for their businesses and where consumers have ready access to the best small-brand products.
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of experienced founders, operators, and software engineers who saw a chance to change the e-commerce landscape. We have grown our team 5x in size within the first year and are eager to continue expanding our team with humble achievers committed to excellence.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Merchandising Operations role sits within the Consumer Growth (Merchandising) team and is responsible for thoughtfully managing OpenStore’s product assortments and working cross-functionally to execute campaigns. This role will partner with the inventory, finance, storefronts, and marketing teams to drive revenue growth, and will ultimately be responsible for the operational effectiveness of the merchandising team. Running many e-commerce stores at scale is complicated because it requires a range of software tools and solid operational processes across departments. Foundational to all of these functions is having the right products at the right time in the right place.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Define the what: You’ll help build the foundations of the merchandising team. You will communicate and execute a strategic vision for our assortments and portfolio of brands. You’ll develop a process for structuring goals, expected outcomes, and KPIs for each merchandising campaign.
- Define the where: As an expert in our growing catalog of brands, you implement site merchandising optimizations, identify product improvement opportunities, and manage execution of AOP improvement initiatives. You’ll work closely with marketing, storefronts, and creative to execute promotion programs and new launches, and will anticipate and understand the impact on sales and inventory needs.
- Define the why: You’ll develop reporting that allows the merchandising team to analyze data. You will have a deep bias towards understanding performance data and discovering new and emerging trends to use for product improvements, storefront optimizations and marketing.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are strategic. You’re focused on where you’re going and build the strategies and plans to achieve the goal. You’re not afraid to admit something didn’t work and have backup plans brewing for your next test.
- You take ownership. You are comfortable driving projects end-to-end that execute and eliminate blockers, helping you and the company move fast with confidence. You know when to raise your hand and ask for help.
- You communicate and collaborate effectively. You know how to deliver the right message to the relevant audience at the appropriate level of detail. You co-create solutions that are better than the sum of individuals’ ideas. You embrace intellectual friction as a feature of improvement, not a relationship bug.
- You can work through ambiguity. Your experience will enable you to focus on the elements that matter most and drive clear insights that inform the team’s priorities.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 8+ years of experience leading eCommerce site merchandising, category management, demand planning or buying
- Insatiable sense of curiosity & attention to detail; you’ll lead the implementation of highly-visible initiatives related to pricing and gross margin improvements, product infrastructure standardization and new product initiatives
- Eagerness for responsibility and accountability
- Strong communication skills with a track record of working cross-functionally
- An eye for good products & passion for deeply understanding the customer
OpenStore is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer where we welcome and celebrate differences. We are committed to providing a workspace that is safe and inclusive, where everyone feels supported, connected, and inspired to do their best work. If you require any accommodations to participate in our recruitment process, please inform us of your needs when we contact you to schedule an interview.