OpenStore is Keith Rabois’ Miami-based Series B startup, founded in March 2021, valued at more than $970M. OpenStore is reimagining the future of e-commerce. Today, we're building the technology and team to identify, value, acquire and scale long-tail e-commerce brands. We envision a future where emerging e-commerce brands have access to instant liquidity for their businesses and where consumers have ready access to the best small-brand products.
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of experienced founders, operators, and software engineers who saw a chance to change the e-commerce landscape. We have grown our team 5x in size within the first year and are eager to continue expanding our team with humble achievers committed to excellence.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
We’re seeking a Social and Community Lead to develop OpenStore’s social media and community strategy from the ground up. You have your finger on the pulse of all things social media, content, and internet culture, and understand how brands need to show up and win in 2023 and beyond. In this role, you’ll champion the e-commerce entrepreneurs building on Shopify, create awareness for our merchant offerings and products, and help make OpenStore one of the most influential brands in e-commerce. You will be the 2nd member of our Communications team, reporting to the Head of Communications.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop and execute OpenStore's social media and community strategy from the ground up
- Create compelling, high-quality content for our social media channels that increases awareness for our merchant offerings (acquisition and OpenStore Drive), our portfolio of brands, and, later, our consumer marketplace
- Engage with followers, e-commerce experts, customers, and other audiences on social media and community forums, and in-person at events and conferences, and explore OpenStore-run community efforts such as meetups, closed community groups, and more
- Experiment with new social and community engagement strategies and channels
- Share insights and engagement performance internally to help inform messaging and product
WHO YOU ARE:
- You communicate and collaborate effectively. You know how to deliver the right message to the relevant audience at the appropriate level of detail. You create solutions that are better than the sum of individuals’ ideas. You embrace intellectual friction as a feature of improvement, not a relationship bug.
- You take ownership. You are comfortable driving projects end-to-end that execute and eliminate blockers, helping you and the company move fast with confidence. You know when to raise your hand and ask for help.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments. You will iterate with Designers, Product teams, Consumer Marketing, and other stakeholders.
- You are curious. You want to understand the application of your work and learn how to build a high growth company.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 4+ years of experience in social media or community marketing for well-known brands
- Expertise on relevant social media and community platforms, deep understanding of their respective features and functionality
- Strong sense of brand trends, behaviors, internet culture, and best practices
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for e-commerce, DTC brands and products
- Bonus if you have experience founding or helping to build an e-commerce store
OpenStore is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer where we welcome and celebrate differences. We are committed to providing a workspace that is safe and inclusive, where everyone feels supported, connected, and inspired to do their best work. If you require any accommodations to participate in our recruitment process, please inform us of your needs when we contact you to schedule an interview.