OpenStore is Keith Rabois’ Miami-based Series B startup, founded in March 2021, valued at more than $970M. OpenStore is reimagining the future of e-commerce. Today, we're building the technology and team to identify, value, acquire and scale long-tail e-commerce brands. We envision a future where emerging e-commerce brands have access to instant liquidity for their businesses and where consumers have ready access to the best small-brand products.
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of experienced founders, operators, and software engineers who saw a chance to change the e-commerce landscape. We have grown our team 5x in size within the first year and are eager to continue expanding our team with humble achievers committed to excellence.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
We’re looking for a Head of Analytics with expertise in data analysis and the presentation of data to uncover and deliver actionable insights for OpenStore. You’ll work directly with our leadership team to drive the vision and build-out of automated dashboards and self-service analytic capabilities while leading a team of Data Analysts & Scientists. We’re looking for a builder with deep business intelligence experience who can translate complex data sets into simple business recommendations using statistical techniques. This role reports directly to our CEO & Cofounder, Keith Rabois.
OpenStore has a unique model, where it acquires and operates dozens of individual direct-to-consumer brands. Data is core to the OpenStore strategy; we’re stitching together granular Shopify sales records, product characteristics, ad placements, web traffic and more to construct a detailed view into thousands of digital merchants. You will develop an Analytics playbook that can be applied to all of these merchants and manage the implementation of this playbook across OpenStore. This is an opportunity to build the cornerstone of our company to solve deep business problems across each aspect of the organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Own the design, development, maintenance, and automation of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions and report on business and ecosystem health.
- Share analysis and recommendations to OpenStore CEO and Leadership using data-driven storytelling
- Coach and develop a team of business intelligence engineers and data analysts
- Invent new ways of leveraging our data asset - your work will extend to sourcing, pricing, acquiring and operating e-commerce businesses. You will work with stakeholders from each of these domains to execute on our vision of data-centric automation.
- Develop and execute business intelligence and visualization roadmap
- Lead ad hoc investigations as performance issues arise, coordinating multiple teams and departments to determine root causes and solutions.
- Shape product strategy. You will get to use your own product, talk to stakeholders who use it and have a direct impact on how our company leverages data to create a competitive advantage.
- Be a leading voice in the definition and governance of key business metrics
- Work with internal teams and external resources, serving as the primary facilitator of a multi-threaded strategy
WHO YOU ARE:
- You thrive in fast-paced environments. At this stage we’re still learning. You will iterate with engineers, data scientists, and analysts to focus on high impact work.
- You are analytically rigorous. You have a deep bias towards using data and analyses to drive decisions. Your second language is performance KPIs and you know your numbers and the inputs needed to continue improving those KPI metrics.
- You communicate and collaborate effectively. You know how to deliver the right message to the relevant audience at the appropriate level of detail. You co-create solutions that are better than the sum of individuals’ ideas. You embrace intellectual friction as a feature of improvement, not a relationship bug.
- You’ve done it before. You’ve worked with messy data, conducted principled research and shipped models to production. Your experience will help us avoid pitfalls and move faster.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- Masters in a relevant field (e.g. computer science, statistics, business) or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in data analysis and business intelligence
- 3+ years experience leading and developing teams
- A passion for using data to find and execute opportunities others don’t see
- Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets functions and formulas.
- Strong experience with SQL & other data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau), and ability to write efficient and well-structured queries on large data sets.
- A strong point of view on what OpenStore should and shouldn’t focus on
- 4+ years of experience at one or several consumer brands, marketplaces, consulting firms or retailers
OpenStore is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer where we welcome and celebrate differences. We are committed to providing a workspace that is safe and inclusive, where everyone feels supported, connected, and inspired to do their best work. If you require any accommodations to participate in our recruitment process, please inform us of your needs when we contact you to schedule an interview.