OpenStore is Keith Rabois’ Miami-based Series B startup, founded in March 2021, valued at more than $970M. OpenStore is reimagining the future of e-commerce. Today, we're building the technology and team to identify, value, acquire and scale long-tail e-commerce brands. We envision a future where emerging e-commerce brands have access to instant liquidity for their businesses and where consumers have ready access to the best small-brand products.
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of experienced founders, operators, and software engineers who saw a chance to change the e-commerce landscape. We have grown our team 5x in size within the first year and are eager to continue expanding our team with humble achievers committed to excellence.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
As a staff level engineer at OpenStore you’ll be responsible for setting the technical roadmap and aligning it with the strategic goals of the company. Massive projects will rest on your engineering craftsmanship and excellence. Your expertise, passion, and innovation will accelerate the effectiveness of everyone around you and come to define the work the team produces. You will work closely with executives and other technical leads to build the best e-commerce engine in the world.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- As a lead to a team of top-notch engineers you will design, develop, ship, and maintain complex/ambiguous systems independently
- Drive and articulate forward looking architecture of systems & frameworks in measured ways within your domain; e.g. strategically significant initiatives that drive an increase in innovation pace and reliability standards
- Build the technical vision and roadmap that generates massive business value and optionality for your team, and contribute to such across the entire company
- Identify and bring to life tools and over forms of leverage to be consumed by the company; including helping to decide when to build systems to increase our in-house leverage versus selecting from externally available 3rd party tools
- Partner with and wear multiple hats across product, design, engineering and operations
WHO YOU ARE:
- You like to build and ship. You have strong opinions grounded in logic and can drive forward to delivery. You think strategically about prioritization.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments. You are highly self motivated to do right by those internal and external and foster a growth mentality to achieve both.
- You are analytically rigorous. You have a deep bias towards using data and analyses to drive decisions. Your second language is performance KPIs and you know your numbers and the inputs needed to continue improving those KPI metrics.
- You are collaborative, organized, and thoughtful. You actively solicit teammate’s feedback and can get things done through informal influence. You demonstrate judicious decision-making and embrace intellectual friction as a feature of improvement, not a relationship bug.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 8+ years of prior software engineering experience
- You epitomize technical excellence in your domain
- Proven track record of building scaled systems that tackle difficult problems
- You exemplify a winning team oriented mentality
- Comfort either learning to work or previously working across a TypeScript & React stack
OpenStore is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer where we welcome and celebrate differences. We are committed to providing a workspace that is safe and inclusive, where everyone feels supported, connected, and inspired to do their best work. If you require any accommodations to participate in our recruitment process, please inform us of your needs when we contact you to schedule an interview.