OpenStore is Keith Rabois’ Miami-based Series B startup valued at reportedly more than $750M just seven months after founding. OpenStore is reimagining the future of e-commerce. Today, we're building the technology and team to identify, value, acquire and scale long-tail e-commerce brands. We envision a future where emerging e-commerce brands have access to instant liquidity for their businesses and where consumers have ready access to the best small-brand products.
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of experienced founders, operators, and software engineers who saw a chance to change the e-commerce landscape. We have grown our team 5x in size within the first year and are eager to continue expanding our team with humble achievers committed to excellence.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Customer Retention Lead role sits within the Portfolio Marketing team and is responsible for driving customer retention across OpenStore’s portfolio of brands.
As a part of the Portfolio Marketing team which is reimagining how we grow e-commerce brands at scale, you will be a critical part of our company’s growth. You will be responsible for leading a team tasked with developing and executing multiple brands’ customer retention strategies to achieve growth and profitability targets. Your work will directly impact the health of our portfolio of e-commerce brands. We will invest in your development and do everything we can to make sure this is one of your best professional experiences.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- You’ll build scalable customer retention plans. You’ll own email and SMS marketing to drive customer retention targets and marketing efficiency. You’ll build scalable systems and processes. You’ll take calculated risks, be creative, and use analytical rigor to achieve goals.
- You’ll build the retention models and own performance outcomes. You’ll develop and own the retention KPI forecasting/goal-setting for the OpenStore portfolio of DTC e-commerce brands. You’ll measure and report on performance, and stay accountable to the results.
- You’ll effectively manage others. You’ll manage a team of retention marketers to execute marketing plans across onsite, email, SMS, and more. You’ll build the tools, playbooks, and templates to empower your team to deliver exceptional results.
- You’ll rigorously analyze and improve performance. As retention fluctuates you’ll have a strong pulse on contributing variables, ultimately driving learnings that continuously grow retention marketing.
- You’ll work cross-functionally. Through informal influence and strong relationship building, you’ll effectively collaborate with colleagues across marketing, supply chain, logistics, customer support, product, data science, and engineering.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You understand the customer lifecycle. You’ve built and executed full funnel marketing plans to achieve performance targets. You’re able to diagnose growth opportunities, prioritize the biggest impact, and execute. You break goals into solvable component parts and effectively execute.
- You are a leader. You are able to inspire, coach, and lead a team of retention marketers. You are able to scale both up and down – being strategic and in the weeds when needed.
- You are analytically rigorous. You have a deep bias towards using data and analyses to drive decisions. You love seeing the power of great analyses and collaborating with peers to shatter growth targets. Your second language is performance KPIs and you know your numbers and the inputs needed to continue improving those KPI metrics.
- You are collaborative, organized, and thoughtful. You actively solicit teammate’s feedback and can get things done through informal influence. You’re organized and demonstrate judicious decision-making. You have a track record of managing agencies and contractors to achieve goals.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments. At this stage we’re still learning. You will iterate with the rest of the team to continuously evolve and improve the marketing playbook.
- You are excited by the prospect of scaling retention marketing across hundreds of brands and building the tools and systems to scale.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 8+ years of marketing experience, including 4+ years of hands on experience with email and SMS marketing
- 2+ years managing others
- Builder mentality, an insatiable sense of curiosity & attention to detail
- Experience leading a marketing function in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Experience advertising to DTC e-commerce consumers is a plus
OpenStore is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer where we welcome and celebrate differences. We are committed to providing a workspace that is safe and inclusive, where everyone feels supported, connected, and inspired to do their best work.