OpenStore is Keith Rabois’ Miami-based Series B startup valued at reportedly more than $750M just seven months after founding. OpenStore is reimagining the future of e-commerce. Today, we're building the technology and team to identify, value, acquire and scale long-tail e-commerce brands. We envision a future where emerging e-commerce brands have access to instant liquidity for their businesses and where consumers have ready access to the best small-brand products.
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of experienced founders, operators, and software engineers who saw a chance to change the e-commerce landscape. We have grown our team 5x in size within the first year and are eager to continue expanding our team with humble achievers committed to excellence.
This product manager will sit within the Merchant product team and be responsible for key parts of OpenStore’s acquisition engine: our internal pricing tooling and our merchant transition workflows.
These tools are central to powering OpenStore’s operating model and further productizing these will be instrumental in unlocking our next stage of growth.
To do this, the PM in this role will apply strong systems thinking and cross functional collaboration, working with our Pricing, Diligence and Operations teams. This PM will own the product strategy for both tools and make sure we invest in the technology needed to improve our pricing velocity and accuracy as well as our transition efficiency.
This role has an expansive scope and a multitude of greenfield opportunities to drive business impact.
It is a unique opportunity to define a world-class experience in a fast growing space. We will invest in your development and do everything we can to make sure this is one of your best professional experiences. We believe joining OpenStore will be a career-defining choice for employees.
Who you are
- You’ve done this before. You have built products that deliver both customer value and business growth by obsessing over customer needs.
- You can work through ambiguity. Your experience will enable you to focus on the elements that matter most and drive clear insights that inform the team’s priorities.
- You are analytically rigorous. You have a deep bias towards using data and analyses to drive decisions. You crisply define metrics and counter-metrics and use them to expedite execution.
- You have a strong sense of ownership. Your ability to execute and eliminate blockers helps you and the entire company move fast with confidence. You know when to raise your hand and ask for help.
- You are a strong collaborator. You know how to deliver the right message to the relevant audience at the appropriate level of detail. You co-create solutions that are better than the sum of individuals’ ideas. You embrace intellectual friction as a feature of improvement, not a relationship bug.
- You love to learn. You continually explore ways to improve your skills and knowledge through taking on new challenges and experiences.
What you’ll do
- Build out our pricing tooling: We have an MVP of this today. You will drive iteration on this and turn our tooling into a strategic benefit.
- Productize diligence and transition: Speed and efficiency transitioning the brands we buy to us is crucial to ensuring we can operate and scale those brands, but currently these processes are fairly manual. You will work with stakeholders to identify and prioritize solutions to automating and minimizing cost and time for these processes.
- Build out notifications and alerting system: Our merchants need a way to be alerted of key updates and tasks required of them. You will own the design, implementation and iteration of the communications system in our current tooling.
- Optimize our transition funnel: Occasionally some merchants decide to not sell to us after they’ve accepted their offers. You will own removing blockers for merchants in transition and minimizing the withdrawal rate of accepted merchants.
- Improve transition tracking: Ensure operational metrics like time and labor are tracked, as well as develop a system for collecting qualitative metrics like Merchant CSAT as they go through our funnel.
- Learn and grow along the way: We’ve amassed a team of top-notch people who love to learn and teach. You’ll find yourself both teaching and learning, giving feedback and leading. Challenge your team as they challenge you. We strive to help each other be 1% better every day.
OpenStore is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer where we welcome and celebrate differences. We are committed to providing a workspace that is safe and inclusive, where everyone feels supported, connected, and inspired to do their best work.