Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well-backed & stable. We closed our $75M Series C fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video (https://vimeo.com/267654520) from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars.
Openly is building an advanced claims organization leveraging technology and experienced property claims professionals to build a best-in-class end-to-end customer experience. This role is a remote-only position, and applicants must have an adequate working environment. The Property Claims Processor role will support the claims adjusting process. Shift time may vary based on time zone (company hours are from 8 am - 8 pm Eastern Time) and may include rotational evenings and weekends.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experienced Customer Service provider
- Ability to work effectively in teams and with a wide variety of people
- Self-motivated, independent thinker
Excellent skills in the areas of:
- Phone skills
- Customer service skills
- Empathy and listening skills
- Strong organization skills
- Time management and the ability to multitask
- Verbal and written communication
- Innovative thinking
- Process Improvement
- Adaptability and collaboration
- Growth mindset for continued development
Claims support to include:
- Provide superior customer service
- Claims intake and loss reporting (First Notice of Loss)
- Answer phone inquiries
- Contact Customers and vendors for follow-up as needed
- Data input
- Claims contents input and pricing
- Process claims payment
- Review and process Invoices
- Process and send letters or correspondence
- Claim assignment to adjusters
- Some travel may be required
- 2+ years of claims or insurance experience preferred, 5+ years in customer service and conflict resolution
- Property claim handling experience or in-depth knowledge of property claims preferred
- High School degree + Two years of post-secondary education or higher
- Instead of the above, two years of relevant work experience
- Experience working independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google Products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Innovative Mindset and Continuous Improvement
- Must be tech-savvy, as high-end technology tools will be used in the claims process
- We are a rapidly growing company, and with growth comes change. Candidates must be comfortable with constant change, adaptability, and flexibility.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the “work-from-anywhere in the US” mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and currently residing in the US will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.