Location: At the moment, we are all working remotely. However, this position will be based at our headquarters in either NYC or London once we are back to working in-person.
OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the world’s largest banks and most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, and Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes and democratizes app development and distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast and intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Google’s Chromium and GitHub’s Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, and robust security with an agile web development and deployment model to accelerate digital transformation and innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to deploy and run more than 1200 apps at more than 1500 financial institutions. OpenFin’s customers include the largest banks, asset managers, hedge funds and financial services vendors in the world.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate Product Design Director to help continue to grow our exciting new Workspace & Container product organization.
Our design team is 10 months old and we’re about to launch a suite of new design-forward products - including a browser for the enterprise. We’ve built a lovely, culture-first team of designers and researchers that’s ready to take the next steps in its evolution.
We seek to scale our design resources because we think the little details really do matter. We’re hiring an incredible designer who can both set the tone for brilliant product design, and also mentor and grow the existing team.
OpenFin Workspace is uniquely positioned to learn from our client base which encompasses 90% of financial institutions globally. You’ll research, design and lead the production of consumer-grade productivity tools, for the enterprise.
What you’ll do:
- You will lead a team of product designers and build amazing experiences
- You will set the bar for quality and support and guide the team to meet it
- You will get in the weeds and work on defining a complex set of products and come up for air and set the strategy
- You will lead our design partnerships with clients; listening, prototyping and refining user insights
- You will collaborate with a tight knit organization of engineers, designers and product managers to provide ergonomic solutions supported by analytics and intuition
- You will work across product verticals - interfaces, design systems, developer tooling and create efficient, high performing processes
Who you are:
- You have 7+ years of experience leading a product, from idea to delivery
- You have 2+ years experience managing and mentoring others (be it as a manager or an IC on a team)
- You’re comfortable working in greenfield environments, where it may be ambiguous and you need to defer to users for answers
- You have impeccable attention to detail, problem solving abilities, and treat process as a product
- You are a fantastic communicator; we are a fast moving company and its important that we are transparent and never siloed
- You are an expert in your field and can speak and educate about design to the wider company and clients alike
- You have experience working with consumer productivity tools and the attention to detail required to refine them
- You have experience building and maintaining a public facing design system
- You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates a breadth of work.
- You are fun, engaged, and willing to be jolly with us 😎
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies and to enable our customers to do the same. While we are currently remote, we pride ourselves on our friendly, diverse, understanding office culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn and innovate, and overall, have a good time doing it. Our employees have a diverse set of interests and experiences, and we encourage you to explore those interests and share with us! We have regular happy hours and social events. Our office and our employees are conducive to a productive learning experience -- all the while creating innovative and compelling solutions for our clients.