Location: At the moment, we are all working remotely. However, this position will be based in New York once we are back to working in-person.
OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the world’s largest banks and most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, and Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes and democratizes app development and distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast and intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Google’s Chromium and GitHub’s Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, and robust security with an agile web development and deployment model to accelerate digital transformation and innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to deploy and run more than 1200 apps at more than 1500 financial institutions.
About the Role
We are looking for an Associate Customer Support Engineer to join our Customer Success team, offering support to our customers development teams leveraging web technologies to build applications for the Financial Industry.
In this role, you will help understand our customers technical requirements, provide technical solutions, manage client communications, analyze log files, examine client code and partner with our senior engineers to provide solutions. Your influence and thoughtful technical expertise will assist clients (from developers to senior management) in demonstrating OpenFin capabilities while providing direction on how other industry leaders are approaching similar implementations. Through your efforts, you will help establish OpenFin as the leading web-based platform for the financial desktop.
- Customer Service: Assume ownership of inbound queries associated with usability and potential issues associated with a customer's OpenFin implementation. You’ll work closely with our customers to provide a professional, responsive and comprehensive approach to resolving their queries. You’ll build and maintain collaborative relationships with customers and eventually be viewed as a go-to individual amongst customers.
- Technical Support: Analyse and troubleshoot customers issues through targeted questions to quickly understand root causes. By recognizing our customers' implementation requirements and blocking issues, you’ll leverage standard escalation procedures to raise awareness with the appropriate internal teams.
- Ticket Resolution: Ensure tickets in our Support ticketing system are well documented with details discovered through customer conversations. Actively maintain your ticket queue through active analysis on ticket status and customer follow ups. Properly catalogue tickets with meta-data to assist OpenFin Support, Product and Engineering teams the ability to make more informed decisions.
- Content Creation:
- Develop reusable tutorials and examples that address common OpenFin implementations at scale.
- Create developer documentation referencing OpenFin & Web best practices and thoughtful integration approaches.
- Grow our Support Knowledge Base through origination and maintenance of technical articles.
What We’re Looking For
- You have exceptional interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- You have excellent communication skills and are comfortable conversing with a range of different audiences.
- You have a passion for assisting others through troubleshooting, triaging and discovery. Your passion extends into applying a range of technical approaches and solutions to achieve desired outcomes.
- You are comfortable navigating competing demands and easily context shift as priorities change.
- You are excited about an opportunity to learn new technologies and their operational usage in the Financial Industry
- You have an interest in web development and technology, and how new standards can help build richer applications.
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies and to enable our customers to do the same. While we are currently remote, we pride ourselves on our friendly, diverse, understanding office culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn and innovate, and overall, have a good time doing it. Our employees have a diverse set of interests and experiences, and we encourage you to explore those interests and share with us! We have regular happy hours and social events. Our offices and our employees are conducive to a productive learning experience -- all the while creating innovative and compelling solutions for our clients.