Remote - Summer 2021
OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the world’s largest banks and most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, and Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes and democratizes app development and distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast and intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Google’s Chromium and GitHub’s Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, and robust security with an agile web development and deployment model to accelerate digital transformation and innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to deploy and run more than 1200 apps at more than 1500 financial institutions.
About the Role
The Social Media Intern is responsible for coordinating and executing the company’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook. This role offers the intern a total immersion into an established Fintech company and the successful candidate will work closely with key members of staff and external media consultants to learn about social media, digital communications and marketing in a B2B environment. This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and gaining visibility for our brand and content.
- You will help manage all OpenFin social media accounts (Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook) and developing content to inform, educate, and engage the brand’s audience to increase awareness, boost traffic and achieve marketing goals
- You will consolidate and analyze data on engagement
- You will assist in the ongoing development of OpenFin’s social media calendar
- You will be proactive in suggesting new tactics and post types per platform
- You have excellent communication skills; you’re comfortable presenting performance, engagement insights, and recommendations to the whole company.
- You love social media: you use social media in your personal life and feel comfortable creating and sharing content on behalf of the company with extreme attention to detail, tone, and brand design standards
- You have an interest in and growing understanding of the financial services industry
- You are a creative problem solver: you’re able to identify real obstacles and present strategic solutions
- You are a team player: you enjoy collaborating with others and meeting deadlines
- You are passionate about technology
- Currently enrolled in college or a recent graduate with a bachelor's degree in digital communications or related field such as advertising, journalism or graphic design
- Experience with social media campaign management
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in close collaboration with the marketing team
- Have prior experience working on business social media accounts
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies and to enable our customers to do the same. While we are currently remote, we pride ourselves on our friendly, diverse, understanding office culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn and innovate, and overall, have a good time doing it. Our employees have a diverse set of interests and experiences, and we encourage you to explore those interests and share with us! We have regular happy hours and social events. Our offices and our employees are conducive to a productive learning experience -- all the while creating innovative and compelling solutions for our clients.