Location: At the moment, we are all working remotely. However, we have offices in London and New York, and this position can be based in either office or remote in the US or UK (subject to your existing legal right to work in either jurisdiction).
OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the world’s largest banks and most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, and Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes and democratizes app development and distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast and intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Google’s Chromium and GitHub’s Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, and robust security with an agile web development and deployment model to accelerate digital transformation and innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to deploy and run more than 1200 apps at more than 1500 financial institutions.
About the Role
We are looking for a Product Design Intern to help us build interfaces used by some of the largest financial institutions in the world. We’re building new, complex products that have a tangible impact on the future of work. Come be part of a fast moving, thoughtful (and extremely fun) team!
- Support current projects, testing and iterating your ideas
- Help design and maintain our fledgling Design System
- Contribute to emerging product strategy and new ideas with product and design teams
- Take part in our weekly design reviews, meetings, and product sessions
- Partner with PMs, engineers, fellow designers and researchers to ship beautiful interfaces
What We’re Looking For
- Excited to learn and grow as a designer in a fast moving environment
- Be detail oriented and precise
- Able to speak thoughtfully about your designs and communicate complicated ideas, simply
- Worry less about how things look, more about their ergonomics and function
- Be on top of latest trends and thinking in product design
- Have a portfolio showcasing featuring examples of interactive design work
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies and to enable our customers to do the same. While we are currently remote, we pride ourselves on our friendly, diverse, understanding office culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn and innovate, and overall, have a good time doing it. Our employees have a diverse set of interests and experiences, and we encourage you to explore those interests and share with us! We have regular happy hours and social events. Our office and our employees are conducive to a productive learning experience -- all the while creating innovative and compelling solutions for our clients.