Location: US or UK (We have offices London or NYC, and are flexible on remote or in office subject to your existing work authorization in either location)
OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the world’s largest banks and most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, and Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes and democratizes app development and distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast and intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Google’s Chromium and GitHub’s Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, and robust security with an agile web development and deployment model to accelerate digital transformation and innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to deploy and run more than 1200 apps at more than 1500 financial institutions.
About the Role
OpenFin’s Engineering team is seeking a full stack developer who has dabbled in a lot of different technologies, and loves learning new ones. Supported by our range of expert engineers, you will develop creative solutions to new problems. Although we are a FinTech, you don’t need to have any knowledge of finance, just a lot of enthusiasm and a willingness to learn. We have an informal and fun working environment, and we are keen for you to join us.
As an Engineer at OpenFin you will:
- Be able to quickly get up to speed on technologies and products
- Iterate quickly on proofs of concept
- Turn these proofs of concept into production quality code, and provide support for them
- Collaborate with product teams and the occasional customer to ensure our lead in the marketplace.
- Work with some of the best Engineers in the world, all around the globe (though mostly in the US, UK and Europe)
We’re looking for colleagues with:
- 3+ years of experience building complex consumer grade web applications
- Experience with a wide range of other technologies such as .NET, Java, Python, Go, React, NexJS, Mocha, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of enterprise production environments
- Some experience with working in an agile environment and the ability to think ahead of the sprint
- Quality first mindset, reliable self-starter, solutions-oriented individual with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to needs of various stakeholders and re-prioritize tasks as necessary in a shifting environment
- Excellent analytical thinking, oral and written communication skills with agile ability to influence peers
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies and to enable our customers to do the same. While we are currently remote, we pride ourselves on our friendly, diverse, understanding office culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn and innovate, and overall, have a good time doing it. Our employees have a diverse set of interests and experiences, and we encourage you to explore those interests and share with us! We have regular happy hours and social events. Our office and our employees are conducive to a productive learning experience -- all the while creating innovative and compelling solutions for our clients.