Location: At the moment, we are all working remotely. However, this position will be based at our London office once we are back to working in-person.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced top producer to join our growing global sales team in a role focused on selling into our strategic client segment. This person will have experience selling at the enterprise level into Financial Institutions and closing seven figure deals.
OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the world’s largest banks and most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, and Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes and democratizes app development and distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast and intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Google’s Chromium and GitHub’s Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, and robust security with an agile web development and deployment model to accelerate digital transformation and innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to deploy and run more than 1200 apps at more than 1500 financial institutions. OpenFin’s customers include the largest banks, asset managers, hedge funds and financial services vendors in the world.
Sales Directors (SD) within the Strategic Client Group (SCG) are responsible for expanding OpenFin’s footprint across and throughout the organization of our largest customers. The SD will work to build relationships and partner with our SCG clients to make sure that groups and divisions outside of our core users are aware of OpenFin and the benefits we can provide. Cultivating adoption of the OpenFin technology within large banks and financial institutions is at the core of this position's responsibilities. Commercial success will be achieved by strategically networking through the client organisation, effectively communicating the OpenFin value proposition and developing a customer centric solution. The primary measure of success is achieving sales targets. Sales Directors at OpenFin are also expected to represent the company at industry events and assist with lead generation strategies.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of closing significant deals for an enterprise SaaS/software/technology business, within the financial services market and will be well versed in sales processes that accelerate successful outcomes. Experience selling to large global banks and a strong network is highly preferred.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Developing and executing strategic account plans to achieve sales targets and expand our footprint in our existing customer base
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships with senior stakeholders within client organisations
- Partnering with customers to understand their ongoing business needs and objectives
- Effectively communicating the OpenFin value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Quickly developing a deep understanding of OpenFin’s product and underlying technology and an ability to communicate OpenFin product benefits to senior business and technology stakeholders
Requirements for the role:
- Previous capital markets experience and knowledge of workflows
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets
- Proven track record of closing seven figure enterprise deals
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of a target organisation, including executive and C-Suite level
- Proven ability to drive a sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Genuine enthusiasm and interest in technology
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies and to enable our customers to do the same. While we are currently remote, we pride ourselves on our friendly, understanding office culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn and innovate, and overall, have a good time doing it. Our employees have a diverse set of interests and experiences, and we encourage you to explore those interests and share with us! We have regular happy hours and social events. Our office and our employees are conducive to a productive learning experience -- all the while creating innovative and compelling solutions for our clients.