Location: US or UK (We have offices London or NYC, and are flexible on remote or in office subject to your existing work authorization in either location)
OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the world’s largest banks and most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, and Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes and democratizes app development and distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast and intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Google’s Chromium and GitHub’s Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, and robust security with an agile web development and deployment model to accelerate digital transformation and innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to deploy and run more than 1200 apps at more than 1500 financial institutions.
About the Role
We are looking for a strong Windows/.NET developer with a detailed understanding of Windows based UI features and messaging growing engineering team.
- Help us build out Win32 functionality for the OpenFin platform, making extensive use of Electron and Chromium
- Work to integrate OpenFin Platform APIs with Native Windows applications, including existing off the shelf and custom built applications
- Advise on testing strategies and automation
- Perform estimation and/or feasibility analysis to iterate on requirement specifications on the above features as required
What We’re Looking For
- Expert knowledge in .NET (5+ years)
- Significant experience developing and maintaining production quality software
- Expert knowledge of Windows messaging technologies including native Windows IPC and cross platform solutions like named pipes
- Knowledge of WinUI, Universal Windows Platform, and Win32 libraries
Bonus points if you have experience in:
- Financial or FinTech domain knowledge, especially trading systems
- Electron and/or Chromium Development
- Integration with Windows desktop applications such as Excel or Custom Developed Legacy Windows applications
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies and to enable our customers to do the same. While we are currently remote, we pride ourselves on our friendly, diverse, understanding office culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn and innovate, and overall, have a good time doing it. Our employees have a diverse set of interests and experiences, and we encourage you to explore those interests and share with us! We have regular happy hours and social events. Our offices and our employees are conducive to a productive learning experience -- all the while creating innovative and compelling solutions for our clients.