Who We Are:
OpenEye, the cloud video platform company, provides solutions for video security, business intelligence and loss prevention. For over 20 years, OpenEye has been committed to developing an easy-to-use, comprehensive video management system backed by Heroic Customer Service® and support. Our on-site and cloud-based products can be found protecting schools, hospitals, banks, retail stores, and other facilities around the world. OpenEye’s solutions are available globally through a trusted network of certified service providers. OpenEye is a subsidiary of Alarm.com. Learn more at www.openeye.net.
As a Technical Support Representative, you will be responsible for supporting all products OpenEye offers as well as secondary software and products necessary for use. You will provide phone and email support to our customers for a variety of our video security products. Supported products include Digital Video Recorders, Security Cameras, Network Switches and Routers along with the software associated with them. In the role of Technical Support Representative, you will analyze and resolve customer hardware, software, and network problems in a timely and accurate manner. With a career at OpenEye, you will learn new technologies and have the opportunity to grow within the organization. This role works at our Liberty Lake, WA headquarters. It is not a remote role.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot network communications including router issues, WAN link outage, and switch problems
- Troubleshoot software/hardware, user processes and mechanical operation
- Support customers over the phone, email, and/or remote automation interfaces
- Demonstrate OpenEye’s core value of Heroic Customer Service by providing friendly and professional service
- Assist the department with creating knowledge base articles to increase customer self-support
- Learn new technologies and take on more responsibilities as the organization grows
- High School Diploma or a General Education Degree
- Minimum 2-5 years related experience in customer service, troubleshooting and repairing DVR and CCTV equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a problem-solver who is flexible and responsible
- Must be able to work in a team-based collaborative environment
- Enjoy interacting with people
- Work at our Liberty Lake, WA headquarters
- Knowledge of basic inter-networking operations and protocols, with a demonstrated ability to assist with networking projects.
- Knowledge of Security Industry (Cameras, DVR’s, Sensors, Relays, etc.)
- Knowledge of electrical wiring, proper grounding, etc.
- Knowledge of Linux OS
The Perks at OpenEye:
- The pay range for this opportunity is $19.00 - $21.00 per hour. In addition, this position is eligible for an annual discretionary bonus.
- Employees are eligible to purchase company stock at a discounted rate
- Collaborative, fun, creative culture where idea sharing is encouraged
- Casual dress, jeans are welcome
- Medical, dental, vision & prescription benefits starting day 1! Generous medical plan subsidy and health savings account option with company contribution helps keep your costs low.
- Up to $5,000 annual company match for 401k
- Company paid short-term/long-term disability, AD&D and life insurance
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 15 Days of Paid Vacation accrued per year (increases after year 3)
- Paid Sick/Wellness time is accrued at a rate of 1 hour for every 35 hours worked, except where local laws are more generous
- 9 Paid Holidays per year
- Educational Assistance Program covering non-degree support, undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Employee Equipment Program – Free Alarm.com system for your home!
OpenEye is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.