About the Team
At Opendoor, we are revolutionizing the real estate industry by offering new, innovative solutions for home buying and selling. Our mission is to enable our customers to move seamlessly and effortlessly. Documents are the core of real estate transactions, and our Document Management team is at the forefront of ensuring every detail is meticulously captured, stored, and made available to all relevant stakeholders.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Staff Software Engineer to join our Document Management Team. The successful candidate will be instrumental in developing and maintaining systems that manage a plethora of documents essential to real estate transactions. These systems must be robust, adaptable, and scalable to accommodate varying state laws, document types, and emerging real estate products and services. In this role, you will also have the opportunity to build solutions that serve both our internal operations and our valued external partners and customers.
- This position can be located in Hyderabad or Bengaluru or Chennai.
- We are open to consider candidates for relocation
- Position Type: Hybrid
As a the senior member of the team you will:
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of document management systems that store, track, and review documents central to real estate transactions. Actively contribute to Opendoor's mission by creating a seamless and efficient document management experience
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including legal, operations, and product management, to understand specific documentation requirements for various transaction types and geographies
- Develop flexible and extendable solutions to accommodate evolving real estate products and services
- Ensure compliance with state laws governing document requirements in real estate transactions
- Implement security protocols to safeguard sensitive documents
- Develop APIs and integration strategies to allow seamless sharing of documents with internal and external partners
- Build and maintain scalable solutions that can efficiently handle large volumes of documents
- Optimize and streamline document processing workflows to improve the efficiency of internal operations
- Maintain high standards of software quality and ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of the systems
- Mentor junior engineers and contribute to their professional development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 10+ years of track record in building and delivering production quality software systems
- Excellent coding skills, strong debugging skills and knowledge of computer architectures, operating systems and algorithms
- Depth and breadth in multiple technologies ranging from frontend user interfaces to backend services to databases
- Excellent communication skills, high attention to detail and proven track record of using metrics to drive decisions
- A sense of ownership and a passion for delighting customers through innovation and creative solutions to sophisticated problems