- This position can be located in Hyderabad or Bengaluru or Chennai.
- We are open to consider candidates for relocation.
- Position Type: Hybrid
About the Team
Opendoor is seeking a talented and highly motivated Design Engineer to join our product design and engineering team. As a Design Engineer, you will collaborate closely with the design team to bring the design vision to life, leveraging your technical expertise to create high-quality design implementations. Your contributions will directly impact the user experience of our products, enabling us to deliver innovative and interactive features that push boundaries and elevate our customer experience and brand to new heights.
This role will function primarily as part of the Consumer Design org with a dotted line manager in the US. Formal reporting lines into local Engineering Manager for technical and performance reasons.
- Collaborate with the design team to understand vision and translate it into functional design implementations
- Implement advanced interactive animations and features within our products, pushing the boundaries of what we have done before
- Develop prototypes and proof-of-concepts to validate design concepts and explore new ideas
- Implement solutions to design bugs (ie. alignment issues, color discrepancies, etc.) in the live product
- Stay up to date with the latest design and engineering trends, techniques, and technologies, and actively share knowledge within the team
- Act as a technical advisor to the design team, providing insights and recommendations to enhance the feasibility and implementation of design concepts
- Participate in design reviews and provide constructive feedback to help refine and improve design solutions
- Proactively collaborate closely with the engineering org to ensure your work meets the company standards
- Maintain the backlog of quality issues within our product and develop solutions to design bugs and other issues
- Proficient in the most common front-end programming languages used at Opendoor
- React & React Native
- Experience working with a design team and design systems
- Understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to identify design quality issues; sweats the details
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities, with a track record of effectively working in cross-functional teams.
- Strong portfolio showcasing your front end engineering work
Bonus Points If:
- Ability to rapidly prototype at a high-fidelity; including prototyping using design tools such as Figma, Origami, Framer, and others
- Ability to implement motion design, including:
- SVG animations
- CSS transitions
- Rive interactive animations
- Hands-on design experience
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.