About the team
At OpenAI, our User Operations team is central to ensuring that our customers' experience with our products is nothing short of exceptional. We serve a diverse customer base, ranging from early-stage startups to global enterprises, across ChatGPT and our API. Our team works closely with Sales, Product, Engineering, and countless other teams, overseeing a multitude of responsibilities that ensure we're delivering the best possible support to our users at scale.
About the role
We are looking for dedicated, experienced, and passionate individuals to help establish our User Operations team. In this role, you will be interacting directly with our customers, digging into complex issues to define the undefined, and setting a positive precedent for the rest of the team to follow. Your work will bring us toward industry-leading response times and user experience in an increasingly intricate space.
This role presents a unique opportunity to bring about systemic improvements in the user experience while engaging with breakthrough AI technologies. If you thrive in environments that value impact, collaboration, and fast-paced problem-solving, you might be the perfect fit for our team.
In this role, you will:
- Work directly with customers to solve complex problems; then, figure out how to operationalize those solutions at scale.
- Collaborate closely with various teams across OpenAI, defining and implementing changes that overhaul the support experience.
- Design and implement support process improvements, focusing on tangible metrics like CSAT, SLAs, and of course striving for delightful interactions.
- Equip other customer-facing teams with best-in-class training, playbooks, and workflows.
- Foster a supportive and productive work culture within the User Operations team.
You might thrive in this role if you have:
- 10+ years of experience in user operations or customer support roles, ideally in tech startups or fast-paced environments.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to comprehend and communicate complex technical issues.
- Proven experience in training cross-functional teams and driving performance improvements.
- A customer-centric mindset, with a proven record of enhancing user experience.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate your team.
- Prior experience with user support systems and tools, and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, and requests can be made via this link.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
Total compensation also includes generous equity and benefits.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Mental health and wellness support
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching
- Unlimited time off and 18+ company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave (20 weeks) and family-planning support
- Annual learning & development stipend ($1,500 per year)
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity. We push the boundaries of the capabilities of AI systems and seek to safely deploy them to the world through our products. AI is an extremely powerful tool that must be created with safety and human needs at its core, and to achieve our mission, we must encompass and value the many different perspectives, voices, and experiences that form the full spectrum of humanity.
At OpenAI, we believe artificial intelligence has the potential to help people solve immense global challenges, and we want the upside of AI to be widely shared. Join us in shaping the future of technology.