About the Team
The DALL-E team works across research, engineering, product, and design to bring OpenAI’s DALL-E 3 technology to consumers and businesses. We’re here to create the next generation of user interfaces for generative AI, both for creation and consumption.
About the role:
We are looking for a self-starter engineer who loves building new products in an iterative and fast-moving environment. In this role, you will be bringing our DALL-E 3 and future generative models to millions of users around the world. Our users include everyday enthusiasts, creators and professionals.
You’ll interface directly with users to develop the features they want most. You will also collaborate closely with the DALL-E research team and work with them on continual improvement and product exploration. You will be a key part of the effort to push these technologies forward, and onto the next 100x users.
In this role, you will:
- Own the development of new user-facing generative AI features and product experiences end-to-end
- Talk to users to understand their problems and design solutions to address them
- Work with the research team to get relevant feedback and iterate on their latest models
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers, researchers, product managers, designers, and operations folks to create cutting-edge products
- Optimize applications for speed and scale
- Help create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture that makes all feel welcome while enabling radical candor and fast-paced collaboration
Your background looks something like:
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience at tech and product-driven companies
- Proficiency with some backend language (we use Python)
- Some experience with relational databases like Postgres/MySQL
- Excited to rapidly prototype with futuristic OpenAI generative models as they are trained
- Ability to move fast in an environment where things are sometimes loosely defined and may have competing priorities or deadlines
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
Total compensation also includes generous equity and benefits.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Mental health and wellness support
- 401(k) plan with 50% matching
- Unlimited time off and 18+ company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave (20 weeks) and family-planning support
- Annual learning & development stipend ($1,500 per year)
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity. We push the boundaries of the capabilities of AI systems and seek to safely deploy them to the world through our products. AI is an extremely powerful tool that must be created with safety and human needs at its core, and to achieve our mission, we must encompass and value the many different perspectives, voices, and experiences that form the full spectrum of humanity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
For US Based Candidates: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, and requests can be made via this link.
At OpenAI, we believe artificial intelligence has the potential to help people solve immense global challenges, and we want the upside of AI to be widely shared. Join us in shaping the future of technology.