About the Team
OpenAI’s mission is to build safe artificial general intelligence (AGI) which benefits all of humanity. This long-term undertaking brings the world’s best scientists, engineers, and business professionals together under one organization to accomplish this. OpenAI Finance ensures the organization is set up for success in pursuit of its mission.
About the Role
The International Payroll Specialist role is an exciting position that demands excellence in execution, attention to detail, and a proven track record of maintaining the highest level of confidentiality. You will contribute to the growth and success of the entire organization.
This role is based in our Dublin, Ireland office. We use a hybrid work model of 3 days in the office per week and offer relocation assistance to new employees.
In this role, you will:
- Manage our end-to-end international payroll activities including but not limited to maintaining records related to new hires, terminations, wage adjustments, assisting with audits and verifying the integrity of personnel data throughout our tech stack
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Accounting and HR to implement and administer our international benefit plans
- Be the primary point of contact for international employee issues or questions
- Work with external vendors to process international payrolls on a timely basis
- Participate in the monthly accounting close process as well as quarterly and year-end reporting and tax filings globally
- Manage international payroll compliance with regulatory agencies, including filing registrations in new jurisdictions and liaising with local authorities
- Assist with special projects, such as system enhancements and testing, to build scalable payroll processes globally
You might thrive in this role if you:
- Have 5+ years of international payroll experience at a high growth start-up and/or public company
- Are extremely organized, able to set priorities, and meet concurrent deadlines
- Have a strong proficiency with Workday, Slack, Excel, and Word
- Have experience with NetSuite and other Microsoft Office Applications
- Have strong knowledge of international regulations pertaining to payroll
- Have exemplary interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- IPASS, CIPP, or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or similar is a plus
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
This is a position with OpenAI Ireland Ltd., which controls the hiring and management of this position. Total compensation includes an annual salary, generous equity and benefits.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Mental health and wellness support
- PRSA plan with 6% employer matching
- Unlimited time off
- Annual learning & development stipend (€1,400 per year)
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity. We push the boundaries of the capabilities of AI systems and seek to safely deploy them to the world through our products. AI is an extremely powerful tool that must be created with safety and human needs at its core, and to achieve our mission, we must encompass and value the many different perspectives, voices, and experiences that form the full spectrum of humanity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
For US Based Candidates: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, and requests can be made via this link.
At OpenAI, we believe artificial intelligence has the potential to help people solve immense global challenges, and we want the upside of AI to be widely shared. Join us in shaping the future of technology.