About the Team
OpenAI Finance ensures the organization is set up for success in pursuit of its mission. This role is an exciting position that demands excellence in execution, attention to detail, and a proven track record of delighting customers through exemplary customer service.
About the Role
As an Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will contribute to the growth and success of the Finance and Go-To-Market departments. You will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of our order-to-cash operations, working closely with internal and external stakeholders and improving it all the time. This role reports to our Accounting Manager.
This role is based in our San Francisco HQ or remotely. We offer relocation assistance to new employees.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare journal entries for the month-end close process; reconcile receivables and cash receipts to general ledger accounts.
- Support end-to-end order-to-cash activities including, but not limited to, customer onboarding, issuing invoices, responding to support tickets, completing quarter- and year-end procedures, assisting with audits, and verifying the integrity of customer data throughout our tech stack.
- Deliver outstanding customer service, troubleshoot and resolve issues from both customers and internal Go-To-Market and support teams.
- Analyze data to solve issues for our customers, focusing on knowledge management, operational improvements, and account reviews.
- Work in partnership with the Go-To-Market team to improve the customer experience, resolve complex issues, and understand customer challenges.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality for all customer records.
You might thrive in this role if you have:
- 2+ years experience in quote-to-cash operations at a high-growth startup and/or public company, preferably in SaaS/software industries
- Experience navigating complex customer procurement processes
- Intermediate or higher proficiency with Microsoft Excel, as well as Adobe Acrobat, Slack, and GSuite
- Strong organization skills, ability to set priorities, and meet concurrent deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication skills, especially working directly with customers
- Bonus if you have experience with software revenue recognition principles (ASC 606) and/or Experience with Stripe, Salesforce, Intercom, and NetSuite a plus
The annual salary range for this role is $80,000 – $120,000. Our total compensation also includes generous equity in OpenAI and benefits.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Mental health and wellness support
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching
- Unlimited time off and 18+ company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave (20 weeks) and family-planning support
- Annual learning & development stipend ($1,500 per year)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or other legally protected statuses. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, and requests can be made via firstname.lastname@example.org.
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity. We push the boundaries of the capabilities of AI systems and seek to safely deploy them to the world through our products. AI is an extremely powerful tool that must be created with safety and human needs at its core, and to achieve our mission, we must encompass and value the many different perspectives, voices, and experiences that form the full spectrum of humanity.
At OpenAI, we believe artificial intelligence has the potential to help people solve immense global challenges, and we want the upside of AI to be widely shared. Join us in shaping the future of technology.