About the team
OpenAI’s mission is to build safe artificial general intelligence (AGI) which benefits all of humanity. This long-term undertaking brings the world’s best scientists, engineers, and business professionals into one lab together to accomplish this.
In pursuit of this mission, our Recruiting team is responsible for finding, assessing, and hiring exceptional talent across various fields and specialties. The team acts as consultative partners to our leaders across the organization, from technical managers up to our CEO, Sam Altman. We’re an established, collaborative team with a balance of structure, process, and ambitious problems to solve for.
About the role
Our team is growing to help OpenAI build the next phase of highly-capable intelligent computer systems. We’re looking for a highly experienced principal recruiter who advises hiring managers and partners closely with senior leaders across the organization. You're driven to work on high-value talent initiatives and are close to the industry’s most sought-after talent. You’ll work with our existing team members, including technical recruiters, coordinators, sourcers, and any cross-functional partners needed to succeed.
We are considering candidates to work out of our San Francisco HQ or remotely. We offer relocation assistance to new employees.
In this role, you will:
- Fully manage hiring needs and initiatives through forecasted headcount to opportunistic hires
- Partner with executives and hiring managers to develop a deep understanding of our business's current and future hiring and develop strategies to fulfill those needs
- Act as the primary touchpoint for your candidates from source to close, striving for an exceptional experience and quick progress
- Act as a thought-partner and advisor to hiring teams, including candidate relationship management, closing support, and talent market intelligence
- Source talent for high-impact roles for OpenAI through a variety of creative channels and partner with our sourcing team
- Represent OpenAI and engage with candidates at conferences and events
You might thrive in this role if you:
- Are deeply interested in technology and artificial intelligence, and their potential for positive impact on humanity
- Are passionate about building and growing relationships
- Connect and relate to a wide range of people, personalities, and values
- Care deeply about building a diverse and inclusive recruiting pipeline and work environment
- Have a track record of balancing multiple open roles in an organized method
- Learn quickly and thrive in a constantly evolving environment with shifting priorities
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity. We push the boundaries of the capabilities of AI systems and seek to safely deploy them to the world through our products. AI is an extremely powerful tool that must be created with safety and human needs at its core, and to achieve our mission, we must encompass and value the many different perspectives, voices, and experiences that form the full spectrum of humanity.
At OpenAI, we believe artificial intelligence has the potential to help people solve immense global challenges, and we want the upside of AI to be widely shared. Join us in shaping the future of technology.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Mental health and wellness support
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching
- Unlimited time off and 18+ company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave (20 weeks) and family-planning support
- Annual learning & development stipend ($1,500 per year)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or other legally protected statuses. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, and requests can be made via firstname.lastname@example.org.