About the Team
OpenAI’s mission is to build safe artificial general intelligence (AGI) which benefits all of humanity. This long-term undertaking brings the world’s best scientists, engineers, and business professionals into one lab together to accomplish this.
In pursuit of this mission, our Go To Market (GTM) team is responsible for helping customers learn how to leverage and deploy our highly capable AI products across their business. The team is made of Sales, Solutions, Support, Marketing, and Partnership professionals that work together to create valuable solutions that will help bring AI to as many users as possible.
About our Products
We're building the definitive platform for AI technology, making it easier for developers to benefit from AI via a simple HTTPS call. We accomplished this by launching the OpenAI API to the public in 2021.
We think the best way to see the potential and magic of our product is to try it yourself. You can create a free account and try our API here.
GPT-3 was the first AI technology available via the API, allowing developers to integrate any language task into their product. The MIT Technology Review listed GPT-3 as one of the 10 Breakthrough Technologies of 2021 (alongside other innovations like mRNA vaccines).
Recently, we introduced Codex into our API, a new product that translates natural language to code. Instagram's co-founder called Github Copilot (an early product powered by Codex) "the single most mind-blowing application of ML I've ever seen."
About the Role
Our Go-to-Market team is responsible for empowering developers and enterprises to build and scale production applications with the OpenAI API, guiding and supporting customers to attain maximum benefits from deploying our highly-capable models. OpenAI's customers represent a range of diverse backgrounds and maturity, from early-stage seed ideas to established global enterprises.
This role serves as a technically savvy account manager that will help customers understand and implement highly-capable machine learning models using our API. As an AI Strategist, you'll be a crucial member of our Go-to-Market organization and a key player in our Sales and Partnerships team to help OpenAI deliver an exceptional customer experience.
This role is based in our San Francisco HQ or remotely. We offer relocation assistance to new employees.
In addition, you'll:
- Operate as a technical thought partner to our enterprise customers.
- Guide customers through the production application lifecycle.
- Own consumption revenue targets.
- Closely monitor the industry landscape (people, competitors, partners) to contribute to the GTM strategy and playbook: hiring plan, territory management, marketing budget, sales enablement, T&E budgeting, etc.
- Collaborate on cross-functional strategic projects and programs with our research and engineering teams.
- Serve as the customer's internal advocate and liaison.
- Support the recruitment and onboarding of other teammates.
We're looking for someone with experience:
- Supporting the growth of fast-growing, high-performance companies.
- Managing large, complex accounts.
- Leading complex projects and programs with many stakeholders.
- Solving complex technical challenges.
- Owning a revenue target.
- Building with the OpenAI API.
- Gathering, distilling, and processing complex market (industry, competitor, customer, prospect) intelligence.
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity. We push the boundaries of the capabilities of AI systems and seek to safely deploy them to the world through our products. AI is an extremely powerful tool that must be created with safety and human needs at its core, and to achieve our mission, we must encompass and value the many different perspectives, voices, and experiences that form the full spectrum of humanity.
At OpenAI, we believe artificial intelligence has the potential to help people solve immense global challenges, and we want the upside of AI to be widely shared. Join us in shaping the future of technology.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Mental health and wellness support
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching
- Unlimited time off and 18+ company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave (20 weeks) and family-planning support
- Annual learning & development stipend ($1,500 per year)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or other legally protected statuses. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, and requests can be made via email@example.com.