About the team
OpenAI is one of the leaders in AI research and deployment, and we're working to build safe Artificial General Intelligence (AGI). We believe AGI has the potential to help people solve immense global challenges such as climate change, affordable healthcare, and personalized education, and we want the economic upside of AGI to be widely shared.
About our product
We're building the definitive platform for AI technology, making it easier for developers to benefit from AI via a simple HTTPS call. We accomplished this by launching the OpenAI API to the public in 2021.
We think the best way to see the potential and magic of our product is to try it yourself. You can create a free account and try our API here.
GPT-3 was the first AI technology available via the API, allowing developers to integrate any language task into their product. The MIT Technology Review listed GPT-3 as one of the 10 Breakthrough Technologies of 2021 (alongside other innovations like mRNA vaccines).
Recently, we introduced Codex into our API, a new product that translates natural language to code. Instagram's co-founder called Github Copilot (an early product powered by Codex) "the single most mind-blowing application of ML I've ever seen."
About the role
Our Go-to-Market team is responsible for empowering developers and enterprises to build and scale production applications with the OpenAI API, guiding and supporting customers to attain maximum benefits from deploying our highly-capable models. OpenAI's customers represent a range of diverse backgrounds and maturity, from early-stage seed ideas to established global enterprises.
We are looking for an engineer who wants to take the world's most capable AI systems and help customers solve previously unsolvable problems. You'll be a crucial member of our Go-to-Market organization as the first Solutions Engineer, tasked with building software and rapidly building prototypes that delight our customers and, in return, their customers.
You will collaborate and work with some of the world's best machine learning researchers and engineers in a low ego, high-impact environment.
In this role, you will:
- Build custom product demos that highlight the utility of our APIs.
- Build custom integrations with our APIs and guide customers on their journey to production.
- Answer technical questions from customers about our APIs' operation, integration, and use.
- Highlight new and creative ways customers can integrate with our APIs.
- Serve as the connective tissue between our Product Engineers, Research Engineers, and the customer.
You might thrive in this role if you:
- Have at least three years of professional software or solution engineering experience.
- Have a track record of rapidly prototyping ideas of your own volition and seeing them through to reality.
- Can identify technical pain points in our and customer systems and can lead others to appropriate corrective action.
- Have a desire to work directly with technical and non-technical customers, be a good listener and interpreter of their needs, and not be afraid to inquire deeper.
- Have a humble attitude, an eagerness to help others, and a desire to do whatever it takes to make both your team and our customers succeed.
- Own problems end-to-end and are willing to pick up whatever knowledge you're missing to get the job done.
- Build tools to accelerate and operationalize your workflows, but only when off-the-shelf solutions would not do.
- Adept at context switching and working on multiple projects at once, ruthlessly prioritizing and finding efficiency gains.
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity. We push the boundaries of the capabilities of AI systems and seek to safely deploy them to the world through our products. AI is an extremely powerful tool that must be created with safety and human needs at its core, and to achieve our mission, we must encompass and value the many different perspectives, voices, and experiences that form the full spectrum of humanity.
At OpenAI, we believe artificial intelligence has the potential to help people solve immense global challenges, and we want the upside of AI to be widely shared. Join us in shaping the future of technology.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Mental health and wellness support
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching
- Unlimited time off and 18+ company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave (20 weeks) and family-planning support
- Annual learning & development stipend ($1,500 per year)