About the Team
The Applied AI team is focused on continuously deploying advanced AI systems into the world.
Tens of thousands of developers are already taking advantage of powerful AI models through our platform. By opening access to our AI models via an easy-to-use API, we are helping developers find creative ways to apply AI to a large number of useful applications.
In April 2022, we introduced DALL-E 2, AI that creates images from text. In 2021, we launched Copilot, powered by Codex, in partnership with GitHub – and developers love it. In 2020, we introduced GPT-3 which the MIT Technology Review listed as one of its 10 Breakthrough Technologies of the year (alongside mRNA vaccines!).
About the Role
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to manage one of OpenAI’s most strategic partnerships. This role will be critical to the success of this long-term partnership, and will involve driving progress on key projects and initiatives and ensuring success for this partner in using OpenAI’s products (GPT-3, Codex, DALL-E, etc.) via technical support and partnership.
As a TPM - Strategic Partnership, you will:
- Drive mutual progress for OpenAI and the strategic partner in delivering against product roadmaps and shared projects.
- Coordinate timelines for delivery of new models and other deliverables, including managing requests from the strategic partner.
- Work directly with the strategic partner’s team to gain feedback on their needs and what they require to be successful with our product and bring these insights back to our product development and research teams.
- Create helpful content for the strategic partner’s team, including documentation and example apps. Organize information sessions on new products (e.g., DALL-E) to ensure readiness for the strategic partner.
- Be a tireless champion for the strategic partner and their needs.
We’re looking for a blend of:
- Effective communication skills, particularly with cross-functional and external audiences.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and analytical capabilities.
- Comfort navigating ambiguity and a history of creating structure and processes that help complex technical projects succeed.
- Ability to align people towards an objective and orchestrate complex projects.
- Eagerness to take a hands-on approach and do whatever it takes to make the partner and team successful.
- Eagerness to work with internal stakeholders to improve OpenAI’s products based on the strategic partner’s feedback and needs.
- Curiosity, determination, and kindness.
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity. We push the boundaries of the capabilities of AI systems and seek to safely deploy them to the world through our products. AI is an extremely powerful tool that must be created with safety and human needs at its core, and to achieve our mission, we must encompass and value the many different perspectives, voices, and experiences that form the full spectrum of humanity.
At OpenAI, we believe artificial intelligence has the potential to help people solve immense global challenges, and we want the upside of AI to be widely shared. Join us in shaping the future of technology.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Mental health and wellness support
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching
- Unlimited time off and 18+ company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave (20 weeks) and family-planning support
- Annual learning & development stipend ($1,500 per year)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or other legally protected statuses. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, and requests can be made via email@example.com.