About the Team
About the Role
- Expertise with high-performance networking, ideally with MPI, NCCL, RDMA, and/or Infiniband
- Experience with GPUs in large scale networks strongly preferred
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP and the Linux networking stack
- Experience developing high-quality software in a general-purpose programming language (Python, C, C++, Go, etc)
- Experience with virtualization and container architecture in cloud environments
- Tenacious at troubleshooting hardware and network topology failures in distributed systems
- Independently driven and able to own problems and build solutions from end-to-end
- Ideally experience with large scale data center operations, particularly thermal and power constraints
- Familiar with Kubernetes, Terraform, and/or Chef as orchestration and system tools
- Experience with Azure is a plus
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity. We push the boundaries of the capabilities of AI systems and seek to safely deploy them to the world through our products. AI is an extremely powerful tool that must be created with safety and human needs at its core, and to achieve our mission, we must encompass and value the many different perspectives, voices, and experiences that form the full spectrum of humanity.
At OpenAI, we believe artificial intelligence has the potential to help people solve immense global challenges, and we want the upside of AI to be widely shared. Join us in shaping the future of technology.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Mental health and wellness support
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching
- Unlimited time off and 18+ company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave (20 weeks) and family-planning support
- Annual learning & development stipend ($1,500 per year)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or other legally protected statuses. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, and requests can be made via email@example.com.