OP3N was founded in 2021 as a subsidiary of EST Media Holdings, OP3N imagines a world where every human can create, own, and connect their ideas to community. Our mission is to be a launchpad for ideas and communities to create meaningful experiences together by consolidating the tools needed to mint, share and engage with NFTs and digital tokens into one vertical stack.
OP3N leverages its cross-industry expertise from the entertainment, gaming and tech ecosystems to lay the foundations for a new era of community-driven, inclusive entertainment while bringing everyone together on a journey into Web3.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to own and scale our data infrastructure as we continue to build a first-of-its-kind web3 super app. This is a unique opportunity to join a small team of engineering and product leaders at the ground level, building scalable data solutions for what could be hundreds of millions of active users globally.
- Audit current data infrastructure and availability in Cloud Firestore
- Spec and implement a new data warehouse (I.e. Snowflake)
- Partner with Product to develop a scalable data infrastructure and analytics framework with ever increasing user data
- Partner with engineering to ensure data flows into an easily queryable solution
- Create and audit data infrastructure as the company, users, and product grows
- Build well-designed scalable systems to extract, transform, and load data into warehouses from a variety of sources
- Own data for new products/features: define data sources and architecture, set up data pipeline, design warehouse & reporting, etc.
- Explore available technologies and design solutions to continuously improve our data quality, workflow reliability, and scalability while reporting performance and capabilities
Ideal Background & Skillset
- 5+ years of professional experience in data engineering
- 3-4 years of deep data pipeline experience including data warehouse setup
- Proven builder - has created & maintained warehouses
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - able to clearly communicate needs and directions asynchronously across key stakeholders
- Experience partnering with Product and Engineering teams on large scale data projects
- Technical expertise:
- Fluency in Python
- Knowledge of Kafka & streaming technologies
- Machine learning + data modeling expertise a plus