Title: Content Manager
Oodle is one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the UK. Our technology is powering a revolution in automotive finance directly impacting peoples lives by enabling the fairest, quickest and most customer-centric motor finance products available to car buyers in the UK.
As we scale up from c300 to 500, we need more talented individuals to join our amazing team that is leading the way in financial service innovation. As we move to the next exciting phase of Oodle’s growth story, we’re building a best-in-class marketing team. As part of the growth in this team, we’re looking for a brilliant Content Manager to lead our content strategy.
You can be based either in our Oxford HQ, London, Manchester or Cardiff offices, or remote-first (within the UK) however, there is a requirement to visit the Oxford HQ once a week.
This role is responsible for designing and delivering our content strategy, in collaboration with the wider brand teams and key product and sales stakeholders. The opportunity will suit a content manager who has experience of working autonomously within in a fast-paced growing organisation. This is a unique opportunity for a hands-on Content Manager to really define and own the content function, with huge potential to make a huge difference from day one.
Key performance areas for the role will be:
- Web traffic and engagement metrics
- Improved on-site conversions
- Social awareness and engagement
The role is responsible for:
- Leading the design and delivery of our content strategy, roadmap and schedule
- Day-to-day content management across website, blog, FAQs, emails, etc
- Optimise all content for SEO and Social Media algorithms
- Working closely with product team to effectively plan and communicate updates / new features
- Creation of stand-out, useful and uniquely Oodle content for our customers (blogs, white papers, infographics, video)
- Working with comms / social media manager to create first-class content that grows our brand awareness and reputation
- Supporting our customer facing functions to improve and enhance existing customer journeys
- Management and collaboration with agency partners / freelancers as required
- Analyse and report on success of content initiatives; with a focus on going improvement
Required MUST HAVE skills :
- Experience as a Content Manager where you have lead the design and delivery of a content strategy
- Solid understanding of SEO and content and conversion metrics (practical application and measurement)
- Good working knowledge of social media platforms and the associated reputational and promotional opportunities
- Confident and experienced writer, skilled at communicating complex information
- Excellent prioritisation skills and able manage multiple projects at once
Preferred skills, but not essential:
- Could have experience in the fintech, consumer finance, car finance or automotive sectors
What you can expect from Oodle:
Oodle have a dedicated People experience team that are dedicated to making your time with us as safe, fun and productive as possible. There are no limits to the support you will receive at Oodle, but here are the main benefits and perks you can expect:
- Competitive Salary
- Pension - 9% non-contributory
- AXA Healthcare family cover with dental and optical
- Confidential mental health support
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Continual training and development
- Real flexible working
- Paid day off to volunteer with our nominated charity
- Seasonal social events
- In-house fitness room (office dependent) with access to personal training, yoga and boot camp.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel season ticket loans
- Lean In Circle
- Complimentary drinks fridge, great coffee and breakfast
- Regular ‘thank yous’ like pizza and giant cookies delivered to your home
About Oodle - Ranked 14th in the “Times Top 100” Companies list!
Oodle Car Finance is changing the way people buy cars, by putting our customers’ needs front and centre of the biggest retail market in the UK. We are bringing the used-car market bang up to date by building modern, digital, retail processes around what the customer actually needs. Although we primarily provide loans for our customers and link them up with some of the UK’s best car dealers (in one rapid, blink-and-you-miss-it, digital procedure), that is just the start. Our ultimate goal is to make buying a car as easy as buying a t-shirt on Amazon. With a glove box full of powerful algorithms (and investment from some of the world’s most reputable financial institutions) we have been building and developing a customer-first, fully integrated digital retail experience inspired by Amazon’s one-click model. We’re not quite there yet, but with our proprietary loan technology, machine learning, and Big Data infrastructure, we’re shooting for the stars.
If that sounds like something you’d want to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.