At Oodle, we put our users first. As a Scrum Master in our Oxford HQ you will create the conditions for effective delivery though facilitation and coaching in Lean and Agile tools and techniques. It’s an exciting time for the business, which is undergoing a period of exceptional growth, becoming more innovative and agile.
You'll Be Responsible For
- Managing and organising the roll-out of any agile tools and techniques needed to help teams deliver effectively with rigor and discipline.
- Facilitating events for teams, both inside and outside tech, in-person and online.
- Teaching, coaching and mentoring teams and individuals in finding better ways or working.
- Removing impediments within teams, inter-team and beyond tech in areas like marketing and risk.
- Maximising the delivery capability of delivery teams whilst helping reduce the time to value.
- Supporting communication and best practice between product owners, business stakeholders and team members.
- Working with Product Owners to refine and organise their backlogs.
- Facilitating and guiding best practice in innovation and reporting, giving confidence to the business that you are on top of getting work delivered regardless of obstacles.
- Being well-versed, or a certified practitioner of scaled agile techniques.
- Advocating the outcome-driven approach to delivery, resisting the desire to become method driven and formulaic.
What We’re Looking For From You
Oodle is going through a period of rapid growth and needs experienced product delivery professionals who have the drive, skills and techniques to channel the positive energy of success into growing and developing and delivering new products.
You have a significant amount of experience working in a customer-led digital-first company in a team coaching capacity – not necessarily in automotive or finance.
You have well-developed soft skills and have a proven track record of negotiating and influencing with positive results.
You’re a detail-orientated self-starter capable of discovering solutions to problems without supervision.
You can work under pressure, managing multiple deadlines with composure.
You are an excellent presenter with exemplary outcome-based meeting skills.
You have excellent stakeholder management and negotiation skills, with a proven ability to break down silos and get the job done.
You’ve got a growth mindset and a positive attitude. You don’t fear failure and see every challenge as an opportunity.
What We Offer in Return
We have a fantastic culture and a 4.8 rating on Glassdoor to prove it! Whilst we work hard, we have lots of free fruit to keep you going, a fridge full of diet coke, a cupboard full of bagels & cereal, and a company lunch every other Tuesday. Social activities include weekly fitness sessions, a Monday night football team (OodleForce) and a Tough Mudder team. We also hold OodleFest every year in July – a truly memorable party in a field!
We also offer a competitive salary and development opportunities including a mentoring scheme and benefits include private healthcare, a bonus scheme, share options and 25 days paid leave.
Oodle Car Finance is changing the way people buy cars, by putting our customers’ needs front and centre of the biggest retail market in the UK. We are bringing the used-car market bang up to date by building modern, digital, retail processes around what the customer needs. Although we primarily provide loans for our customers and link them up with some of the UK’s best car dealers (in one rapid, blink-and-you-miss-it, digital procedure), that is just the start. Our ultimate goal is to make buying a car as easy as buying a t-shirt on Amazon. With a glove box full of powerful algorithms (and investment from some of the world’s most reputable financial institutions) we have been building and developing a customer-first, fully integrated digital retail experience inspired by Amazon’s one-click model. We’re not quite there yet, but with our proprietary loan technology, machine learning, and Big Data infrastructure, we’re shooting for the stars.
To help us achieve our ultimate mission to create a best-in-class consumer experience - where our customers reap the benefits - we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team. And revel in the ride. We need outstanding people with buckets full of energy, desire, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a fast-paced (and fun) entrepreneurial environment. Everyone at Oodle has an input on how we develop and how we change the game.