Are you an experienced Data Engineer looking to take responsibility of a growing Fintech start-up in London? If so, Oodle would love to speak to you.
You’ll report directly to Alistair, our CTO, to:
- Develop business critical data feeds;
- Contribute to architecture design and discussions;
- Deliver innovative data solutions to automate our retail processes;
- Work with Product Managers and Data Scientists to meet their data needs;
- Deliver high quality code following industry best practices and security standards.
Come and join our talented new team based on Oxford Street, where you’ll help to disrupt a market, and support hardware and software processing millions of pounds worth of loan applications every day.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Five years’ experience as a Data Engineer. You have good software engineering background, AWS experience (or equivalent), strong Python skills, and a good understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- Experience in building data pipelines for collecting raw clickstream data from our website and transforming this data to provide business analysts, data scientists and reporting tools with timely and accurate data
- Experience with clickstream analysis
- Experience with columnar clustered databases such as Redshift
- Experience with website tracking libraries such as Google Analytics
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Attention to detail.
- Creativity, passion and knowledge. You are hungry to learn about what others are doing, as well as get immersed in what the company does.
- The ability to problem solve. You enjoy working in a team, and independently, to solve problems in a robust and scalable way.
- Amazon Kinesis
We are a fun and outgoing team who all sit in a boutique office on Oxford Street. We value getting our hands dirty and waste no time as we bid to change the used-car industry. We work hard to provide an outstanding place to work, and to look after our employees. Oh, and we also offer a best-in-class salary, benefits, a bonus scheme, share options and 25 days paid leave.
At Oodle we are proud to nurture a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can and should apply. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. We welcome all applicants and look forward to hearing from you.
Oodle Car Finance is changing the way people buy cars by putting our customers’ needs front and centre of the second biggest retail market in the UK. Traditionally car buyers have had to negotiate a confusing, tired and fragmented marketplace that is light years behind other retail sectors. Until now. We’re bringing a new approach to the used car market; bringing it up to speed by building a modern, digital, retail process centered around our customers.
Since launching in 2016 we’ve seen huge growth and success, employing over 230 people and witnessed 500% growth in 2018 alone which is a trajectory we’re set to continue as we bring exciting new products to the market! As we scale, we need exceptional people who will relish the challenge and enjoy the ride to join us. People with buckets full of energy, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a dynamic, fun and ambitious environment. When you join Oodle, you directly input on how we develop and how we change the game.