Are you an experienced Data Engineer looking for your next role? Come and join our talented new team based in Oxford, where you’ll help to disrupt a market, and support hardware and software processing millions of pounds worth of loan applications every day.
We hire exceptional individuals; people who will relish the challenge and enjoy the ride. We need outstanding people with strong academic achievements, along with buckets full of energy, desire, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a dynamic, fun and ambitious environment. Everyone at Oodle has an input on how we develop and how we change the game.
You’ll report directly to Alistair, our CTO, to:
- Develop business critical data feeds;
- Contribute to architecture design and discussions;
- Deliver innovative data solutions to automate our retail processes;
- Work with Product Managers and Data Scientists to meet their data needs;
- Deliver high quality code following industry best practices and security standards.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other scientific discipline.
- Five years’ experience as a Data Engineer with a good software engineering background, AWS experience (or equivalent), strong Python skills, and a good understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- Experience building robust data ingestion pipelines that clean, transform, aggregate and process data sequentially or in parallel.
- A good understanding of at least one relational database including SQL and schema design. In addition, experience of one or more non-relational databases - columnar, key/value, document, graph.
- Technical Leadership skills with a track record leading development, mentoring more junior engineers and working with a degree of autonomy.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Attention to detail.
- Creativity, passion and knowledge. Successful candidates will be hungry to learn about what others are doing, as well as a desire to get immersed in what the company does.
- The ability to problem solve both by working in a team and independently to solve problems in a robust and scalable way.
- Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Airflow (or Luigi)
We are a fun and outgoing team based in Oxford’s innovative Science Park. We value getting our hands dirty and waste no time as we bid to change the used-car industry. We work hard to provide an outstanding place to work, and to look after our employees. Oh, and we also offer a best-in-class salary, benefits, a bonus scheme, share options and 25 days paid leave.
At Oodle we are proud to nurture a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can and should apply. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. We welcome all applicants and look forward to hearing from you.
Oodle Car Finance is changing the way people buy cars by putting our customers’ needs front and centre of the second biggest retail market in the UK. Traditionally car buyers have had to negotiate a confusing, tired and fragmented marketplace that is light years behind other retail sectors. Until now. We’re bringing a new approach to the used car market; bringing it up to speed by building a modern, digital, retail process centered around our customers.
Since launching in 2016 we’ve seen huge growth and success, employing over 230 people and witnessed 500% growth in 2018 alone which is a trajectory we’re set to continue as we bring exciting new products to the market! As we scale, we need exceptional people who will relish the challenge and enjoy the ride to join us. People with buckets full of energy, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a dynamic, fun and ambitious environment. When you join Oodle, you directly input on how we develop and how we change the game.