We are now looking for an Enterprise Risk Analyst to join our risk team. This position is responsible for the development of and delivery of risk reporting to Executive Committee and the Board.
Oodle has grown rapidly since it started in 2016, and the Risk team’s role is to is now of a size and scale that means we need to make sure we’ve got the right risk management framework, practices, and culture to support our growth, protect our business and protect our customers.
We work in a fast-paced environment with lots of opportunities to make impact to the business, so being a self-starter and using your initiative are absolute pre-requisites.
You’ll report directly to John Hunt, Chief Risk Officer, to:
Develop and deliver regular risk reporting
- Develop thorough and effective risk reports; Work with colleagues to develop key risk indicators/metrics that allow Oodle to track how well we are managing risk and identify areas for attention, and liaise with a range of stakeholders to understand the data available and determine how it can be used effectively and accurately to report risks.
- Produce a range of regular risk dashboards to provide committees with the management information required to assess risk.
- Provide visually engaging analysis using appropriate techniques to highlight the business conclusions which can be tailored to the audience.
- Automate the production of risk reports and dashboards so they can be run as required by other teams.
Support the Audit and Risk Committee and risk content for Executive Committee
- Manage the agendas for Audit and Risk Committtee, drafting, sending and following up on agendas, document preparation and MI collation for these quarterly meetings
- Manage risk content for Executive committee drafting, sending and following up on agendas, document preparation and MI collation for these meetings
Maintain Risk Register
- Manage the risk and control register for Oodle, tracking updates and actions from the risk and control owners
What you’ll need:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to conceptualise complex issues and engage with both business and technology stakeholders
- Self-starter, high levels of initiative and a strong work ethic
- Commercially aligned, can-do attitude and pragmatic approach
- Strength of character that enables effective communication across all levels of the organisation
- Team player, supportive with a collegiate approach
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including Board level report writing
- Although previous risk experience isn’t a requirement for this role, an understanding of Risk Management and financial services would be advantageous
- Experience of delivering management reporting.
- Experience of designing, building and using Salesforce apps and dashboards
We are an extremely fun and outgoing team who all sit in big open plan offices, and we value candidates who have a desire to get their hands dirty and hit the ground running as we bid to change the used-car industry. We work hard to provide a great place to work, and to look after our employees.
We also offer a market-leading salary, benefits including Pensions and Healthcare, a bonus scheme, share options, 25 days paid leave (Bank Holidays on top!) and a personalised training programme. There's also an endless provision of coke and diet coke, barista style coffee machines, fresh fruit, a breakfast cupboard (you'll never skip breakfast again!) and a company lunch every month. We have a football team that meet Monday nights, salsa and yoga classes weekly, and an onsite fitness room (and shower!) We celebrate our success regularly - our main event is Oodlefest, a big party in a field with all Oodlers and our families.
For too long car buyers have had to negotiate a confusing, tired and fragmented marketplace that is light years behind other retail sectors. Until now. We are ripping up the rule book and breaking the mould of a lender in the used-car market.
Oodle Car Finance is changing the way people buy cars, by putting our customers’ needs front and centre of the biggest retail market in the UK. We are bringing the used-car market bang up to date by building modern, digital, retail processes around what the customer actually needs. Although we primarily provide loans for our customers and link them up with some of the UK’s best car dealers (in one rapid, blink-and-you-miss-it, digital procedure), that is just the start. Our ultimate goal is to make buying a car as easy as buying a t-shirt on Amazon. With a glove box full of powerful algorithms (and investment from some of the world’s most reputable financial institutions) we have been building and developing a customer-first, fully integrated digital retail experience inspired by Amazon’s one-click model. We’re not quite there yet, but with our proprietary loan technology, machine learning, and Big Data infrastructure, we’re shooting for the stars.
To help us achieve our ultimate mission to create a best-in-class consumer experience - where our customers reap the benefits - we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team. And revel in the ride. We need outstanding people with strong academic achievements, along with buckets full of energy, desire, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a fast-paced (and fun) entrepreneurial environment. Everyone at Oodle has an input on how we develop and how we change the game.