Are you experienced with coordinating training looking to progress your career in L&D? We’re hiring a Learning & Development Advisor to join our growing HR team in Oxford on a full or part time basis! Through your role, you will facilitate the development of our employees through tailored training solutions as we continue to grow.
Since the start of 2019, the HR team at Oodle has grown from 2 to 6 team members and onboarded over 100 new starters, alongside adding a new HR system and a new recruitment system to enable Oodle to scale. We now need to establish a Learning & Development function to create an excellent experience that supports employees to develop their career at Oodle.
You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Working alongside the HR team to identify training needs across Oodle’s multiple business areas and sites and provide credible advice on appropriate L&D solutions that cater to different learning styles
- Designing engaging training programmes covering topics such as communication skills, management and compliance
- Coordinating external training events, liaising with external providers and communicating to employees
- Reviewing the current induction training programme for new starters in collaboration with the HR Advisor and HR Administrator and making recommendations for further improvement
- Promoting and communicating L&D activities to highlight development opportunities on offer, maximize uptake and attendance
- Collecting feedback on the success of training programmes and reporting back to the HR team
- Keeping up to date with innovations and trends within the L&D industry and suggesting ideas for developing Oodle’s training offering
You’ll be right for this role if you have a background in coordinating training and working with training providers. Experience of having designed and delivered training is preferred but not essential as long as this is something you’re passionate about developing. You’ll also be an excellent communicator with an engaging style and the confidence to work across every level of the business.
What We Offer in Return
We have a fantastic culture and a 4.8 rating on Glassdoor to prove it! Whilst we work hard, we have lots of free fruit to keep you going, a fridge full of diet coke, a cupboard full of bagels & cereal, and a company lunch every other Tuesday. Social activities include weekly fitness sessions, a Monday night football team (OodleForce) and a Tough Mudder team. We also hold OodleFest every year in July – a truly memorable party in a field!
We also offer a competitive salary and development opportunities including a mentoring scheme and benefits include private healthcare, a bonus scheme, share options and 25 days paid leave.
Oodle Car Finance is changing the way people buy cars, by putting our customers’ needs front and centre of the biggest retail market in the UK. We are bringing the used-car market bang up to date by building modern, digital, retail processes around what the customer actually needs. Although we primarily provide loans for our customers and link them up with some of the UK’s best car dealers (in one rapid, blink-and-you-miss-it, digital procedure), that is just the start. Our ultimate goal is to make buying a car as easy as buying a t-shirt on Amazon. With a glove box full of powerful algorithms (and investment from some of the world’s most reputable financial institutions) we have been building and developing a customer-first, fully integrated digital retail experience inspired by Amazon’s one-click model. We’re not quite there yet, but with our proprietary loan technology, machine learning, and Big Data infrastructure, we’re shooting for the stars.
To help us achieve our ultimate mission to create a best-in-class consumer experience - where our customers reap the benefits - we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team. And revel in the ride. We need outstanding people with buckets full of energy, desire, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a fast-paced (and fun) entrepreneurial environment. Everyone at Oodle has an input on how we develop and how we change the game.